Skip to content

Dual class

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Will it be possible to Dual Class, as a Human, in three classes? Like can I create a Figther whe becomes a thief and then later becomes a mage as well?

(If I remember correctly you could only Dual Class in 2 classes in Baldurs Gate...)

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    No, you can only dualclass once, for a total of two classes. If you want three you will have to use multiclass.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Shit.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    In P&P you could dual class more than once, in fact you could dual class any many time as you liked as long as you met the stat and minimum rule requirements. However alas, in BG you can only dual class a single time.
    edited September 2012
    Half-Elf - Fighter/Mage/Thief it is then.
    Damn. I like Humans the most...
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Read the word:

"Dual-class"

Read the word:

"Dual-class"

Well... In some editions you actually could "dual"-class in three classes.

• neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    WTH are you trying to make? A Leonardo Da Vinci?
    neur0 said:

^^

Not really. I wanted to RP a version of my self.
    I work as a professional magician, have an "expertise" in gambling/hustle games (the thief part) and I have been doing sword fighting for many years so - Mage/thief/fighter.

Read the word:
    "Dual-class"

Read it, still doesn't detract from the fact you could dual class multiple times in P&P.

neur0 said:

^^

I work as a professional magician, have an "expertise" in gambling/hustle games (the thief part) and I have been doing sword fighting for many years so - Mage/thief/fighter.
    You are a Bard.
    No need for triple-classing.
  • ImBarryScottImBarryScott Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2012
    Roll the half elf multi exactly as you would and then change their race in shadowkeeper to human, voilà.
    neur0 said:

neur0 said:

^^

You are a Bard.

I don't like bards... And thats not "me". I am tone deaf.

Roll the half elf multi exactly as you would and then change their race in shadowkeeper to human, voilà.

Shadowkeeper?
    edited September 2012
    Shadowkeeper is a save game editor, lets you modify a number of things to your liking.

Looked it up. That is for BG II - not BG:EE if I get it right.
    BG:EE will use the BG2 engine, so it is likely that Shadowkeeper will work with it. If it won't, it's likely that it will be updated to work with it very soon post release. And if that doesn't happen, there are other tools that can be used to modify your character.
    Shin said:

BG:EE will use the BG2 engine, so it is likely that Shadowkeeper will work with it. If it won't, it's likely that it will be updated to work with it very soon post release. And if that doesn't happen, there are other tools that can be used to modify your character.

OK. Thanks.

But I think I will use the game as it is without modifications.

neur0 said:

neur0 said:

^^

You are a Bard.

I don't like bards... And thats not "me". I am tone deaf.

Bard's music is magical.

You don't like Bards? Here, let me sing you a song that might literally change your mind....
    edited September 2012

Bard's music is magical.

You don't like Bards? Here, let me sing you a song that might literally change your mind....
    No. I do like bards. In fact - I love them.

(...not...)
    I'd probably agree that real-world magicians/illusionists are more akin to D&D bards or thieves rather than mages. D&D mages I view more like real-world scientists/scholars.
    Shin said:

I'd probably agree that real-world magicians/illusionists are more akin to D&D bards or thieves rather than mages. D&D mages I view more like real-world scientists/scholars.

I agree. But let's face it - "real" magic is much cooler then what us conjurers/illusionists can do.
    Sleight of hand, mind reading and all that is cool... But real magic - much cooler.

btw - can a multiclass fighter/thief/mage have a helmet or will that prevent him from casting spells?
    decado said:

Read the word:
    "Dual-class"

Read it, still doesn't detract from the fact you could dual class multiple times in P&P.
    You can only dual-class once. Taking a third class is tri-classing.

*gets on my grammar nazi horse and rides into the sunset*

decado said:

Read the word:
    "Dual-class"

What if - you dual-class your fighter to a mage and the dual-class your fighter/mage to a theif. Thats dual-class. Sort of. :-P

• decado said:

Read the word:
    "Dual-class"

*pats back* i know its a little irksome for grammar nazi's...But the technical term in the AD&D players handbook (Not a grammatical dictionary) is "dual-classing" and in AD&D2e you could dual-class as many times as you want...assuming you want to gimp yourself that horribly.

decado said:

Read the word:
    "Dual-class"

*pats back* i know its a little irksome for grammar nazi's...But the technical term in the AD&D players handbook (Not a grammatical dictionary) is "dual-classing" and in AD&D2e you could dual-class as many times as you want...assuming you want to gimp yourself that horribly.
    @sandmanCCL
    So ner!
    @SamuelVarg @LordsDarkKnight185 @decado

You can't triple stamp a double stamp! You can't triple stamp a double stamp!