Skip to content

Here's the party I'm probably going with, which sidequests in CH2 should I do?

MorteTormentMorteTorment Member Posts: 19
Me and my friend are a kensei/mage(who uses Katanas), a swashbuckler(who uses Longswords), a Mage(quarterstaff and slings, Jaheira(scimitars and the 2 other weapons), Minsc(who uses 2 hand swords), and Viconia(who will use slings and the Warhammer).

I don't want to spend 15 hours in Chapter 2 for the billionth time, so can you please suggest just a few areas to visit for some really good loot via exploration and quests??

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Guarded compound for the katana
    Druid Grove for belm
    Slave compound+sewers for lilarcor
    Crooked crane inn, for daystar.
    You might want to do the planar prison quest, for kundane (swashbuckler) and boots of speed
  • MorteTormentMorteTorment Member Posts: 19
    First of all, thanks for the the tips.

That said, you didn't mention any armor. Any of that worth doing?
  • erroniuserronius Member Posts: 28
    I'm kinda a completionist, so that affects my thinking on this, but I wouldn't pass up the Flail of Ages +3 from D'Arnise Keep. For armor, honestly you will find plenty of good armors later on, like Gorgon Plate, there's a couple quick suits of Plate/Full Plate +1 to be found in Athkatla - one from that (usually first) random encounter that drops Arbane, and one from the unfriendly adventurer party on the north side of the sewers. And if you can kill the shadow dragon, that's the best thief armor in the game (until late TOB).
    edited April 2016

First of all, thanks for the the tips.

That said, you didn't mention any armor. Any of that worth doing?

Just kill the party in the sewers, they should provide a set of armor that will be enough until chapter 6. You can also get the shadow dragon armor but that's quite a fight
    erronius said:

And if you can kill the shadow dragon, that's the best thief armor in the game (until late TOB).

Grandmaster armor is obtainable very early in ToB and is arguably better than shadow dragon one
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Full Plate and Ring of Protection+(x) is generally the best armour for everyone who can wear it... So Minsc, Jaheira & Viconia(buff her strength first) are sorted.

Kensage & Mage are best with robes & spells. Swashie either wants to take down Maevar or the Shadow Dragon for his/her duds.
    Oh and by the way, for Viconia, you might want to do planar sphere for ogre force gloves or deal with the slavers so that you can buy mauler's arm from Bernard at the Copper Coronet
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    You can definitely do the first level of Watchers Keep. That gives a bunch of stuff and its relatively easy if you have lots of summons