Skip to content

SCSI

Terribly sorry if this has already been asked, but I can't find anything about it so I'll post here...

What's the word with David's SCSI, and SoD? Or SCSI and BG2EE v2.0?

Will it absolutely trash the game's guts if installed?

Comments

• woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    1. it's SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems), not SCSI (Small Computer System Interface)
    2. To install SCS on top of BG1EE with SoD in case of Steam/GOG installation you need:
    2a) Have a fresh clean install of the game with DLC
    2b) Install "modmerge" from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1 (run modmerge .exe from the game's folder)
    2c) Download and run v30 SCS from http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/. Move .exe to your game's folder and execute it. You'll see a console window with language choice: quit immediately, do not actually install anything. This run was for obtaining unpacked files of SCS in your game's folder.
    2d) Install manually fixpack by @subtledoctor from here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385 . Unpack the archive and copy the files.
    2e) run stratagems .bat file, open SCS Readme file, select your components (if you're not sure about some component, do not select it), actually install SCS
    2f) Enjoy your game

WRT compatibility: it works fine for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    If you quit early enough, nothing is installed, and it's simpler than unpacking SCS files manually :)
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    @woowoovoodoo

Does it affect AI in SoD or only the original game?
    Ammar said:

@woowoovoodoo

I believe it should affect AI in SoD too, though only a limited set of components (like general "smarter mages") should apply.

Ammar said:

@woowoovoodoo

I believe it should affect AI in SoD too, though only a limited set of components (like general "smarter mages") should apply.
    Hmm. I wonder how the large scale battles work if all enemies run the complicated SCS AI and also if it breaks any custom scripts, like

the duel when attacking the castle or
    the dwarved lich

edited April 2016
    Ammar said:

Ammar said:

@woowoovoodoo

Hmm. I wonder how the large scale battles work if all enemies run the complicated SCS AI and also if it breaks any custom scripts, like

the duel when attacking the castle or
    the dwarved lich

To be clear:
    a) I played, like, 7-8 hours in vanilla SoD
    b) I played through the starting SoD dungeon with SCS installed, just to be sure that my setup is fine for SoD
    c) I'm now doing a new run from the start of bg1 with SCS, I'm going to go via SoD and BG2 eventually during this run. So I do not have enough experience with SCS behavior in SoD yet.

BTW, vanilla SoD is not that bad, AI behaves noticeably better than in BG1, with working Legacy of Bhaal it might even be fun.

BTW, vanilla SoD is not that bad, AI behaves noticeably better than in BG1, with working Legacy of Bhaal it might even be fun.

Right. I completed it first without any mods and it was ok. In fact, before SCS is optimized for SoD my ideal would be that it does not really affect the SoD part with the exceptions of some creatures or so.

Would be interested to hear from your experiences as you progress through SoD with SCS installed.
    edited April 2016
    Ammar said:

Would be interested to hear from your experiences as you progress through SoD with SCS installed.

Of course, will be glad to write back.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Thanks for all the info guys.

Is David still kicking around the forums? What's his take on SoD? Any plans to bump SCS into v31?

Thanks for all the info guys.

Is David still kicking around the forums? What's his take on SoD? Any plans to bump SCS into v31?

I think he hasn't been around in a while, both here and on the SCS forum. But he always had longer periods of dormancy, so he will probably be back sometime.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Beamdog should just pay him to overhaul their EEs' AI.

Not that it's bad atm, but with his help, it could become legendary.

Beamdog should just pay him to overhaul their EEs' AI.

Not that it's bad atm, but with his help, it could become legendary.

I think he already has a rewarding job.
    @woowoovoodoo
    Any experiences with SoD and SCS yet? I have it installed at the moment and my party is at Sarevok's coronation, so I am wondering whether I need to uninstall it when transferring to SoD. Still afraid of some of the SoD scripts breaking or the large scale battles being unplayable.
    Ammar said:

@woowoovoodoo
    Any experiences with SoD and SCS yet? I have it installed at the moment and my party is at Sarevok's coronation, so I am wondering whether I need to uninstall it when transferring to SoD. Still afraid of some of the SoD scripts breaking or the large scale battles being unplayable.

Still haven't finished it (real life takes so much time). Most parts of SCS seem to be not applicable to SoD, so it'll be safer to remove it: you'll be sure that your setup is fine.