Skip to content

BG: SoD - Exp/Level cap?

Hey!

Anyone know what experiance or level cap there is in SoD? Will those levels import to BG2 aswell after you have finished?

Regards!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    500,000 and yes (though bg2 won't automatically start)
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    edited April 2016
    Like he says...

BG - 89,000 (defunct)
    TotSC/BGEE - 161,000
    Black Pits - 250,000 or lvl 10
    (although this can be inconsistent with some classes like Druid. Also after 2.0, now uses the SoD cap)
    SoD - 500,000

BG2:SoA - 2,950,000 (defunct)
    BG2:ToB - 8,000,000
  • topkittytopkitty Member Posts: 9
    LAMESAUCE.
    I'm loving this game, BTW. But it's lame that my mage/cleric cant level up anymore. that's part of the fun of playing! why ruin it with these caps??
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    But with 500 000 exp cap... that means I'll be like level 11-12 or so when I start the game in SoA? :-O Isn't that abit much?? Many of the lower encounters will get even easier. :P
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    topkitty said:

LAMESAUCE.
    I'm loving this game, BTW. But it's lame that my mage/cleric cant level up anymore. that's part of the fun of playing! why ruin it with these caps??

I think the same. That's why i use a cap remover.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    So... then you'll actually start BG2 EE with 500 000 exp?? Wouldn't that totally take out the challenge of the game in BG 2 early on?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    MWO said:

So... then you'll actually start BG2 EE with 500 000 exp?? Wouldn't that totally take out the challenge of the game in BG 2 early on?

It is a difference of about 2 levels at the start. It will probably make a bit of the early quests easier, but stop mattering much in the middle.

Also BG 2 actually has some level scaling, so you might also face some tougher opponents (which also result in even more XP, though).