Skip to content

People should upgrade to 2.0 - a polite rant

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think this is pretty obvious stuff for the modding community that hopped on to the EE train a while ago, it should probably be included in FAQs of big mods that are likely to lose compatibility with old versions as the new updates become more and more practical for modders.

We might see another big update in a while though, I expect Beamdog will see SoD as a success and keep on working with the Infinity Engine for a while.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    It actually boggles my mind that there's people who would rather stick with 1.3 than upgrade to 2.0...
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    From a purely gamer-side of things there are things 1.3 did better. The graphics filter was better and more faithful to the original. I've noticed some loss of graphic detail (example: no more flies on the halfling corpse south of beregost). The animation seems choppier somehow. The UI is down to preference, however it pisses me off that after moving things around using f11 they changed to other positions after reloading, apparently the only option is to modify the actual UI code-thing, the in-game form is useless. They assigned F5 to the UI... it's the classic thievery button, Jesus. If I wasnt a guy thats hell bent on always playing the latest versions of games I would go back to 1.3 solely for the graphics filter.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I agree, to ensure compatibility with future mods and updated versions of current mods, we'll all need to be using 2.0. I've been waiting to upgrade to 2.0 to give my favorite mods time to update whatever coding needed to be done. For the time being I'm enjoying my 1.3/1.4 BG2/IWD, but I fully expect to update to 2.0 in the very near future.