Skip to content

[Fixed] Question/bug about dual classing

krmeinertkrmeinert Member Posts: 4
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi

I recently bought BGEE on Steam and have a question about dual classing. I started out with a thief, who I dual classed into a fighter early on (if I remember correctly it was when I leveled up to lvl 2). The point is I only level up now in the Thief class, which means that I'm currently have a lvl7 thief and lvl 2 fighter - with pretty good thieving abilities - but they are disabled! I have read that it is something about I will not regain my thieving abilities until my second class is one lvl higher than my first class - but there's no place where I can choose what class I level up in. What should I do?

Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Posted this question at GOG. The advice there was to take it here and report it a bug. Hope someone can help.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    So, you started as a thief, and dual classed into a fighter... now you're a level 7 thief, level 2 fighter.. am I correct? In this instance, you will get your thieving skills back once your fighter class has reached level 8.
  • krmeinertkrmeinert Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I know. But the problem is, that I am only advancing in my thief class, not in my fighter class. So I will never reacher fighter lvl 8.
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    No.
    This is how dual class works.
    You OP were propably looking for a multiclass.
    This one gets experience for both classes.
    You need to be non human to multiclass, for example elf.
    Well, I know that, but the mistake was mine. I was wearing a plate mail armor. Therefore no thieving. Sorry for all the trouble.....
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    krmeinert said:

Well, I know that, but the mistake was mine. I was wearing a plate mail armor. Therefore no thieving. Sorry for all the trouble.....

What has that to do with your fighter not advancing in levels as you stated earlier?
    Anyways, glad you found a fix. :)
    I must have remembered incorrectly. The Fighter must have been the first class and now I climb the levels as a thief. But the thieving and stealth abilities because I wore fighter-armor. Thanks anyway.