Skip to content

Safana romance (spoilers)

Is it possible to 'complete' the Safana romance? I gave her a love poem in chapter 11 (I think) which impressed and she's dropped hints about further development, but then that was it until the end of the game when she says she's leaving because I'm an evil spawn of Bhaal (it felt like this was deliberately scripted to result in me having the party which ends up in the dungeon at the start of BG2).

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    I think she is always going to leave you and the events associated with her in BG2 with Coran make some sense from then on.
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    Did you try kissing her after you gave her the poem? Remember that her super power is mental domination trough kissing.
    In my playtrough the next step after the poem was her telling me I was a lousy kisser and she's been kissing the bard Voghiln ever since. She was pretty confrontational about that and you have to express a reaction. Probably failed the quest here as she didn't speak ever again. There was no line about leaving the group because I was an evil bhaalspawn. When does she say it?
  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    Azzara said:

Did you try kissing her after you gave her the poem? Remember that her super power is mental domination trough kissing.

Yes, apparently satisfactorily based on her reaction. :) I don't have Voghlin in my group and I didn't take his help in writing the poem - I figured with a charisma of 19 I wouldn't need to.

I never had Voghiln either. Jaheira introduced him as not exactly a friend so I sent him to camp and never spoke to him again. I didn't think of asking him for help.
    The only one who spoke to me in the jail cell was Corwin whom I used for a few minutes only.
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Eww gawd! I didn't even know you could romance her. My soul is now stained. -_-
  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    Azzara said:

I never had Voghiln either. Jaheira introduced him as not exactly a friend so I sent him to camp and never spoke to him again. I didn't think of asking him for help.
    The only one who spoke to me in the jail cell was Corwin whom I used for a few minutes only.

Corwin joined as well, but as I'd turned her down in favour of Safana she was purely official (she gets a different dialogue if you romance her though).
    @pwaring I followed the romance variables in the code but I forgot to write here.
    The next step in the romance with Safana is supposed to happen after you escape the castle basement bypassing Einer and Bertor.

Trying to kiss Safana immediately after reciting the poem has extremely negative effects but I don't think they are fatal. It leads to a unique event involving Voghiln.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Yeah after the kiss Safana basically cheats on you - I chose the 'screw you harpy' dialogue option and nothing happened after that except... I got to offer her as a sacrifice which I did without hesitation :)