Skip to content

Need help! Installation problem!

NeeraWMNeeraWM Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 11
Dear all,

I have tried to contact the Beamdog support multiple times since the launch of Siege of Dragonspear but have received no answer. So, here is my problem, in the hope that somebody here will be able to assist me.

I own the Apple Store Mac OS X version of both BG:EE and BG2:EE, both of which are running perfectly smooth.
A couple of weeks ago I purchased the SoD's Collector's Edition which, in digital format, should give you access to both BG:EE and BG:EE - SoD installer.

I downloaded the SoD, launched it and patched it. When I hit the 'launch game', though, the game just DID NOT launch (no trace of the process in the task manager).
I recalled then a possible incompatibility between the App store version and the Beamdog one and therefore decided to remove my App store version and download also the original game from my Beamdog profile.
Once launched, it asked for my login credentials and then it just told me: "This game is not associated with your account".

So now I am kind of stuck: I cannot play 2.0 because Apple has not yet updated their version (will it ever? ... I do not care when, just ... will they?) and I cannot play Dragonspear because even though I own two versions of the original game no one is recognized.
Also, how can I connect the original game to my account as I am a regular purchaser of the Collector's Edition?
Could they give me the two Steam keys associated with the games?

All these questions have been submitted by me to the support but ... alas ... no one has ever answered.
I have also contacted them on Facebook, with no success at all ...

Can anybody try to kindly explain this situation to me and guide me towards a possible solution?

Many thanks to everybody in advance

NeeraWM