Skip to content

Import party from BG1: general questions

Probably it was asked like a thousand times before but... i really wonder.

If i export my final save game from BG1EE to BG2EE:

1 - Where is my crue? I see I start with Jaheira and Minsc but in this case i have an evil party. Where are them? Should I look for them? is there any system to start in Irenicus Dungeon with them?

2 - Where are my items? Supossly I can import my items too right? but some of them are powerful stuff that other party members where carring. So: where are they?

3 - Have i still the same stats than before? (and my party members even if they are not with me?). Cause i upgrade my carisma with the book from BG1 and Dorn Strengh.

If nothing of it is possible: why the hell exist the possibility to export? XD THX

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi there

1- Only the protagonist is officially imported to BG2. Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc are at the dungeon because the game assumes that these characters are "Canon". Other evil characters from BG1 such as Viconia and Edwin can still be found outside the dungeon.

You might also find certain BG1 NPC's which are there to talk to you but aren't really joinable anymore.

2-99% of your items are lost/sold . Some of them can be found around the dungeon.

3-Yes. However, as I've said before , only your protagonist gets to be imported (along with all his known spells, abilities, stats...). Your other companions might not be exactly the way you remember them (they could be better, luckily) .

• naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    1) only Minsc, Imoen and Jaheria will be in the dungeon. The rest of the party you have to find again, spread around in the game.

2) you were captured. Assuming most jailers confiscate your items ;) You can find a few items in his dungeon. Like golden pantaloons and helm of Balduran. The rest is lost permanently.

3) your main character keeps his stat. Current XP, level, HP, any skill books you might have read.
    The book on Dorn is wasted though. Baldurs gate 2 NPC's always start out with the same fixed stats, not matter how much you pimped them in BG1.
  • BricheBriche Member Posts: 6
    Ok. Thx u both.

I find this import options poor but... is what it is. Its a good point that my captor confiscates my items. Have sense. (As an evil mind i would do the same XD).

Is there any addon to import in the way i said?

Thank u!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Briche said:

Ok. Thx u both.

I find this import options poor but... is what it is. Its a good point that my captor confiscates my items. Have sense. (As an evil mind i would do the same XD).

Is there any addon to import in the way i said?

Thank u!

There's an old mod which does it, but I don't know if it works on the enhanced edition. You could try it:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods_hosted_fixes_tweaks2.php
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    After the intro/main dungeon you can run to govt district and pick up vic rather easily. Hmmm, I think dorns in temple dist and easy to get, yoshimo is a good idea too for awhile, Edwin might take a bit in the docks dist....hmmmm...ive never done the evil party so not 100% where to get them all in the end lol. Also not sure on how their quests work or if they make you do them before complaining a lot/whatever.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Korgan is in a bar that's pretty quick/at start too, and they added some newer characters that may suit your evil play too. Wont go into spoilers though. Those are just the locations of where to get some of the ones you may have had in bg1.