Skip to content

Baulders Gate Enchanced Edition at local store?

AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I was wondering in the near feature will there be a box of this item for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition if the development decided to make a box I understand it will cost a lot of money to do this process at local stores and get it improved to get legal license to sell it at local stores.

Major stores like
Best Buy, Game-stop, Target, Electronics Fry's, Wal-Mart etc...

Have a BOX that will show the logo and say "Balder's Gate Enhanced Edition"
Put on there compatible with MAC & PC on the top right corner of the main box....

Back of the box:
Show some new major features improved from the original Version.... (Enhanced Edition Vs Original Version of Baldur's Gate and maybe add a compared picture between Balder's Gate and Enhanced Edition...

put in story line (make it so that you have enough room to add features to it also)

Flip the box too it's side
add the specs are required to run the game & add the bar-code...

Flip the box on the other side.
add information on copyrighted information and who the creators are....

I'm just giving some idea.... I hope this is helpful....

Comments

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I thought they ruled out boxed copies... maybe not.
  • It wont be the "near" future IF it happens

They tried to make a deal to do a limited box release, but it fell through, it just isn't feasable finantially at this time.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Boxed BG:EE+BG2:EE if it ever happen.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Khamill said:

Boxed BG:EE+BG2:EE if it ever happen.

This most likely once BGEE becomes successful and they could afford it I assume. For now the money is better spent elsewhere.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Trent Oster said the negotiations for the boxed editions flatlined and were pretty much scrapped. Doesn't look like it's ever going to happen.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    BD is making so little on sales as it is now, let alone receive even less due to paying a publisher to ship a box. My guess is that the negotiations were to have Atari and Hasbro cover part/all of the retail box cost, but they wouldn't so it didn't go anywhere.
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2012

BD is making so little on sales as it is now, let alone receive even less due to paying a publisher to ship a box. My guess is that the negotiations were to have Atari and Hasbro cover part/all of the retail box cost, but they wouldn't so it didn't go anywhere.

makes since
    Sceptenar said:

Trent Oster said the negotiations for the boxed editions flatlined and were pretty much scrapped. Doesn't look like it's ever going to happen.

I Agree with you......

• LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    If I get BGEE, I'm not too bothered about a boxed edition. I have tons of boxes already (including the old cardboard BG1 and DVD-case style BG2 collection).

Retail boxes cost a lot to design, manufacture and distribute. Plus, the retailers want a cut as well. It's just not worth it.

L.
    edited September 2012
    Luge said:

If I get BGEE, I'm not too bothered about a boxed edition. I have tons of boxes already (including the old cardboard BG1 and DVD-case style BG2 collection).

Retail boxes cost a lot to design, manufacture and distribute. Plus, the retailers want a cut as well. It's just not worth it.

L.

Very good point I wasn't thinking about price and $$$$

Post edited by Animeware on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Woo, @Coriander!

Why is this not posted in its own thread yet with a half-dozen polls already in the works?
    Aosaw said:

Woo, @Coriander!

Why is this not posted in its own thread yet with a half-dozen polls already in the works?

Fixed added a new topic of it....

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    This topic brought to you by The Department of Redundancy Department...
  • APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    Luge said:

L.

I don't mind not having a boxed set. I would like to have it on DVD though. That way if I have to reinstall for any reason I don't have to wait for a download. I can just install it from the DVD and go. I will probably burn the installer to DVD after I download it.
    edited September 2012
    Silent Install is much easier to deal with then DVD that's just my option.....

DVD take a long time for it too load data & Process information as to composed to just direct download be a lot faster.... just like a USB Stick.....
  • APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    Animeware said:

DVD take a long time for it too load data & Process information as to composed to just direct download be a lot faster.... just like a USB Stick.....

Direct Download is not faster. I can install quicker than I can download. I have a 3 mbit connection. Which translates to about 350 kbytes/second. According to the size of the gog.com installer for BG1, it will take me about an hour and a half to download BG:EE. I can have it installed a heck of a lot quicker from DVD, like within minutes.
    APhantasm said:

Animeware said:

Direct Download is not faster. I can install quicker than I can download. I have a 3 mbit connection. Which translates to about 350 kbytes/second. According to the size of the gog.com installer for BG1, it will take me about an hour and a half to download BG:EE. I can have it installed a heck of a lot quicker from DVD, like within minutes.
    And even faster than that with a USB. That's what happens when you go from reading with a laser to transferring directly through a current.

I think what makes this request more appealing is not that it precludes downloading from the internet, but rather that it allows players to install the game without connecting to the internet at all, which would open things up to more players.
    edited October 2012
    APhantasm said:

Animeware said:

I was referring too installing it from PC after the download.

Not start the time from Downloading the file....

Start the time installation from Hard Drive Vs DVD if you got 7200RPM Hard Drive yes it will be faster then a DVD..... and plus DVD do get old and same with flash drives with flash drives you got a better chance making last longer compared with DVD if it scratched you got to make a another DVD....

My option DVD are a pain I prefer have all my gaming data on a Hard Drive then instead of grabbing a gaming disc and I just plug and play all my data in one location...
    edited October 2012
    @Animeware So instead of going to WalMart and buying the game itself, you buy the game online, wait an hour and a half for the game to download, then go to the store, buy the USB stick, and then spend another ten minutes transferring the installation file to the USB stick, followed by...let's say another twenty minutes to install it.

The point of this request isn't to complain about download speeds, but to ask for a better way to get the game, which also creates a physical memento of the game's re-release that can't be duplicated with a digital download. It also (as I pointed out above) allows players who don't have internet, or who don't have reliable access to internet with the computer they game with, to purchase and acquire the game without jumping through a lot of hoops that, even five years ago, would never have been necessary.

EDIT: Wait. Just saw who the OP was. Now I'm confused; I thought you wanted the physical copy?...
    edited October 2012
    Aosaw said:

@Animeware So instead of going to WalMart and buying the game itself, you buy the game online, wait an hour and a half for the game to download, then go to the store, buy the USB stick, and then spend another ten minutes transferring the installation file to the USB stick, followed by...let's say another twenty minutes to install it.

The point of this request isn't to complain about download speeds, but to ask for a better way to get the game, which also creates a physical memento of the game's re-release that can't be duplicated with a digital download. It also (as I pointed out above) allows players who don't have internet, or who don't have reliable access to internet with the computer they game with, to purchase and acquire the game without jumping through a lot of hoops that, even five years ago, would never have been necessary.

EDIT: Wait. Just saw who the OP was. Now I'm confused; I thought you wanted the physical copy?...

I'm very confused also are you a developer on this project?

If this is true are you planning on releasing a physical copy of this game in a retail stores?

I would bye both copy's Direct download & Physical is because I would love to have the manual and the retail box what it would look it as well.

Someone has mention on this topic that BG making less money at the moment I kinda of do not bleave this I have my reasons I do not want to say it on the forum...
    I'm not a permanent member of the team, no; I don't have any insight into what they're planning to do about this (and if I did, I probably couldn't say anything anyway). But I do support the idea of a boxed edition (with USB stick being preferable to me personally).
    Aosaw said:

I'm not a permanent member of the team, no; I don't have any insight into what they're planning to do about this (and if I did, I probably couldn't say anything anyway). But I do support the idea of a boxed edition (with USB stick being preferable to me personally).

Thank You :)

To be honest I been talking to Nathan on Private Message

Just a couple of times.... he did mention too me he's a Developer of this Project.....

@Nathan is a Very Cool Dude. I may or may not owe him a beer.
    edited October 2012
    Aosaw said:

@Nathan is a Very Cool Dude. I may or may not owe him a beer.

LMAO

This is getting off topic....

• LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    I want that box!
    LMTR14 said:

I want that box!

Maybe we could get a box image on a .pdf format without the bar codes on it and they can send us the box image to us that would be cool..... It's not the same as an actual box....