Skip to content

Where should I post a discussion or question I have about Icewind Dale?

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Just wondering what topic I should discuss Icewind Dale on. It doesn't have necessarily anything to do with Baldur's Gate EE, and I just have some issues with the first one. Not complaints just nit-picks: I.E: why do your characters need to sleep so much?

Comments

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Here at Off Topic seems to be a good place.

Aaand, to answer that question, I think the answer would be because sleeping is the only way to fully heal. Lol. That and generally I think your characters get tired when they've been awake for like 16 hours, which isn't that much time in game time.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    @theJoshFrost Ahh, well that explains it, haha. It just seems like you can stay awake forever in baldur's gate I and II
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the Baldur's Gate games, fatigue is supposed to set in after 24 hours without rest.

However, I think that a low or high Constitution score can affect that number.

It might be the same or different for IWD, or it might use a different base number.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Can someone answer why the conjurers in Icewind Dale only know 3 schools of magic? How come in Baldur's Gate Edwin knows magic missile?! I chose a Conjurer as a class for my wizard because I thought, "okay, I know what this class entails" Then I can't learn certain Abjuration spells (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I miss cloudkill and such.. And that icicle spell seemed so cool!