Skip to content

[Spoilers] Some steam achievements I just can't get a hold of

I just finished SoD and there are quite a few achievements I can't figure out

Appeal to reason - Present evidence of the crusades' crimes to Julann : Who's Julann, and which quest is this?
Trivium - Perform a task worthy of the Terrible Trivium : What's this Terrible Trivium?
Breaking Point - Persuade Rigah to turn against Julann : Julann again. and who is this Rigah?
Painful Recital - Fail to impress ancient mehnirs with your singing ability : I guess there's a check for my singing ability in this quest.
Harper's Gift - Aid Khalid with his romantic request : I gathered some spider silks for Khalid, but when I handed them over to him, he just ditched making a cloak for his wife idea altogether. How do I proceed with his quest?
Grub... Doubled - Help M'Khiin find her path : Now this is quite a mystery, as I had her all the way from her start right to the ending, but her quest just doesn't seem to trigger at all.
All The Allies - Recruit all the bonus allies for the final battle
All The Enemies - Fight all the bonus enemies for the final battle : These two, I doubt if I had recruited or fought ANY of the POSSIBLE bonus allies or enemies in this game.

+22 Hidden Achievements : There's 22 more? What does this mean?

If you have trouble finishing a achivement post here I'd help if I can.

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I actually don't know how you're supposed to get All The Allies since some of them are mutually exclusive...
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited April 2016
    Julann is a witch accompanied by Rigah, a pair of Rashemen like Dynaheir & Minsc.
    You can meet them inside the crusader camp above the ground in the Underground River area.

The menhirs can be hummed to and singed to. Yes, it seems one can get an achievement for trying to sing to them with low charisma.

M'Khiin is torn apart between taking the road of a warrior or a caster.
    In the area east of your encounter of Halatathlaer, you can find a stash of of items only M'Khiin can use. This leads to a dialogue between becoming more of a warrior or a caster.

Post edited by Belfaldurnik on
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Some achievements can be dependent on what class you are. Also, to get all the achievements, you're going to have to play the game at least twice and do a fair bit of reloading, going back to do quests again just to get all the options.
    I can't seem to get the O.G. achievement at the start of the expansion. I assume you have to do is meet or have in your party the following:

Ducal Palace - Imoen
    Ducal Palace - Skie
    Elfsong Tavern - Coran and Safana
    Elfsong Tavern - Garrick
    Three Kegs Tavern - Minsc and Dynaheir
    Iron Throne - Rasaad
    Flaming Fist - Tiax
    Ducal Palace - Viconia (Just before you leave Baldur's Gate)

• illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

I can't seem to get the O.G. achievement at the start of the expansion. I assume you have to do is meet or have in your party the following:

Ducal Palace - Imoen
    Ducal Palace - Skie
    Elfsong Tavern - Coran and Safana
    Elfsong Tavern - Garrick
    Three Kegs Tavern - Minsc and Dynaheir
    Iron Throne - Rasaad
    Flaming Fist - Tiax
    Ducal Palace - Viconia (Just before you leave Baldur's Gate)

I got it when I had minsc, dynahier, jaheira, Khalid, and safana in my party.

Ah thank you. Makes sense.
  • bhaal5hitbhaal5hit Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    All the allies?

All the enemies?

Back to the basics? (Maybe quest option but I never set foot back in Candlekeep)

Leave no friend behind I thought I should have gotten.....
    Post edited by bhaal5hit on
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    Back to basics is simple - talk to all the tutors in candlekeep, chapter 1
    Have you found an aquamarine for Khalid to give to Jaheira?
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2016
    bhaal5hit said:

Have you found an aquamarine for Khalid to give to Jaheira?

No, Khalid didn't even ask me to fetch any gem, instead his quest just shut off as soon as I handed over a spider silk to him. It was like:
    Khalid: Hey, [CHARNAME], get me some spider silks so I can make an amulet for J
    [CHARNAME]: Here you are
    K: Forget it, this gift idea is stupid and silly
    [C]: wuht
    Maybe try Khalid later in the game, try fast traveling -- I only partied with him briefly for OG status and the dialogue ran its course to him changing his mind back again to wanting to gift. Note: this was very late game
    So back to the basics must be earned in the original Baldur's Gate? Weird that achievement is lumped in with the Dragonspear set
    edited April 2016
    Gold achievements are generally for original BG. Silver Achievements are SoD. However, some Gold achievements can be obtained in SoD.
  • sera4sera4 Member Posts: 17
    I actually got the OG acheivement...while I was playing BG1! I had Minsc, Dyanheir, Khalid, Jaheira then added safana to the party
  • sera4sera4 Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2016
    Finally got it to work. I got the silk for khalid then he told me he would postpone the idea. I rested. Immediately he approached me again and said he wanted a ultramarine gem. (can be pickpocked off someone at the camp, or the evil druid guy, or I also got one as a drop off a giant)

I couldnt get painful recital. I think that was because my character has high charisma? My assumption is that you need crappy charisma
  • modronmodron Member Posts: 13
    sera4 said:

I actually got the OG acheivement...while I was playing BG1! I had Minsc, Dyanheir, Khalid, Jaheira then added safana to the party

I can confirm this
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Yeah I got The OG in vanilla BG, couldn't get it to trigger in SoD. I think there's a scripting issue at Bridgefort when recruiting Khalid, as he started to say something when he joined, but then it was overridden by the crusaders attacking. And then Jaheira and Khalid could be kicked out of the group individually without the other coming along.
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47

Gold achievements are generally for original BG. Silver Achievements are SoD. However, some Gold achievements can be obtained in SoD.

The achievements related to NEW party members (Baeloth, Neera, Dorn and Rasaad) can be unlocked in SoD. I did on my first run. Like adding Baeloth to your group on SoD unlocks a "gold" achievement (The Entertainer) from BGEE (SoDless) or having Neera, Dorn and Rasaad. As far as I remember these two can be unlocked on SoD if you missed or skipped them on BGEE.