Skip to content

(Spoilers) Am I missing something here?

KirowKirow Member Posts: 10
How do I use my own blood to open the gateway into the nine-hells? I'm inside the basement where the gate is right infront of me.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• KirowKirow Member Posts: 10
    Any help?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    If Hephernaan opens the portal, it *should* remain open until specific action is taken to close it.

If Hephernaan opens the portal, it *should* remain open until specific action is taken to close it.
    He doesn't open it? I interrupt his speech with the one "voice" guy and then I battle him. He then teleports before the he dies.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Oh, I see now. You're not where I thought you were in the story.

Either you're not in front of the gate or there's a bug. Could you post a screenshot inside a spoiler bar?
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited April 2016
    Maybe he's talking about the ominous door in that area that party members comment on? It's unopenable at that part of the story.

@AndrewFoley Some feedback: when my party members made comments about opening that door (I think Glint even says, ~"That looks ominous, we have to open it!"), it gave me the impression that it was possible and I spent a fair amount of time on that map trying to figure out how. Maybe the "unpickable lock" infotext should say something like "this door is heavily warded and can only be opened by a mage of considerable power" so as to make things more clear.
    What? How are you suppose to leave then without alarming the two ogres down-stairs?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just try getting back downstairs and make your way back to camp.
    elminster said:

That alerts the two ogres, and then I have the entire cave of Crusaders trying to kill me. That doesn't feel right.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    Well you did just travel up into their castle and make a whole lot of noise. :)

The encounter with the ogres can vary according to charnames stats
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    You should be able to bluff your way past if you succeed a Charisma check
    Awh crap, well my Charisma is like 10. Is there anything in BG1 that helps with Charisma enhancement?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

@Kirow An orange potion called Potion of persuasiveness (I think it is a brand-new SoD item). The spell Friends will boost your charisma score. The Helm of Glory boosts your charisma by 1 point. The Nymph Cloak and the Cloak of Algernon also enhances your charisma. Etc.

Well, my main character is a fighter so it seems like the that's out of the picture. And I have the rainbowish boots, and helm which brings it up to 12 but that doesn't seem to be enough. I don't have anything else, unfortunately. :(
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    If you wish, you can temporarily lower the game difficulty to Easy, the charisma check in this specific dialog will automatically pass then.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    Or just well.. kill everyone! :D
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Escarche said:

Or just well.. kill everyone! :D

Montoran approves!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Kirow said:

elminster said:

That alerts the two ogres, and then I have the entire cave of Crusaders trying to kill me. That doesn't feel right.
    You just slaughtered all their best mages/clerics/fighters in the castle but you have problems with the recruits in the cave?..