Skip to content

Problem with Shadowkeeper

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I've recently downloaded the BG2 editing program Shadowkeeper, but i can't make it work on my copy of BG2/Throne of Bhaal.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Any error message?
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    If you have vista/windows 7 and installed the game somewhere in /program files (or /program files(x86) for 64 bit windows) do you have administrator access?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I got the game from GOG.com
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you having problems finding the game? because you have to go to settings and then installation directory and choose the folder that has your saved games or else shadow keeper wont be able to do squat
  • APhantasmAPhantasm Member Posts: 42
    I recently got the gog.com version of BG2. Shadowkeeper found it with no problems for me.
    Actually, the game works really fine and Dale Keeper worked well with Icewind Dale. Shadowkeeper keeps asking me for files it already has.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644

Actually, the game works really fine and Dale Keeper worked well with Icewind Dale. Shadowkeeper keeps asking me for files it already has.

I hate how Dalekeeper jacks up your spellbook and arranges the spells in a different order then how you learned them. Anyone ever notice that? Eh maybe its my OCD nature... I don't like leaving behind evidence of my hack-foolery! Haw.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Also, be careful with Dalekeeper if you use the IWD NPC Project. If you use it to mess with the NPC classes or inventories, it screws up their dialogue files and triggers, and it causes some problems with items.

As for the op, it's hard to help without more info. Read the user info carefully. There's a dropdown box that has to be set to *exactly* the right directory. Do you have multiple copies of BG installed? Make sure SK is directed to the directory for the copy you're using.

I can't really think of anything else without more info, sorry. I've never had any trouble using it myself, and I have more than one copy of BG on my computer.
    @HaHaCharade that also happens with gate keeper as well
    Problem solved!
    what happened, how did you fix it?
    sarevok57 said:

what happened, how did you fix it?

I simply unzipped the program. I'm a moron.

oh, hahahaha, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)