Skip to content

Entangle Graphics

LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Hi,
The graphics for Entangle in BG2 are way over the top. These ankle grabbing roots completely encase and obscure the character. It almost becomes unplayable if 20 xvarts are ensared. The graphics from Icewind Dale are much more toned down. I dropped the Entangle .eff file from IWD into my BG2 override folder and it works much better.
Thanks.

Comments

• Ligg said:

Hi,
    The graphics for Entangle in BG2 are way over the top. These ankle grabbing roots completely encase and obscure the character. It almost becomes unplayable if 20 xvarts are ensared. The graphics from Icewind Dale are much more toned down. I dropped the Entangle .eff file from IWD into my BG2 override folder and it works much better.
    Thanks.

While I agree, they are not permitted to use resources from IWD in BGEE.
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll use my homemade solution when the time comes.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Ligg said:

Hi,
    Thanks.

Where did you read that? They have all the resources from IWD and Planescape, after all.
  • NimzNimz Member Posts: 44
    Aosaw said:

Ligg said:

Hi,
    Thanks.

Where did you read that? They have all the resources from IWD and Planescape, after all.
    Yea they do with planescape at least

However they do not currently have an agreement/permission to do anything with it
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited September 2012
    @Aosaw

Well, only the developers can confirm this, but I was under the impression that they didn't have the assets or the authorization to use the IWD1/2 assets in BGEE.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Yeah, what Tanthalas and LordsDarkKnight185 said. Also the web spell looks better in IWD.