Skip to content

BG2 Character Movement Speed

miezul_carpatinmiezul_carpatin Member Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi, I just started BG2 with a character imported from BG1. I used tutu for the first game, while maintaining the original game character speed movement. In the second game it seems that my player character is moving really slow. At first I thought it was because of the armor weight, but Imoen and Minsc, even with the heaviest armor possible are still a lot faster than my character.
Is there a way to force the npc to move as fast as the slowest character? I am tired of Imoen (which I have made an archer) getting ahead of my tanks.
Thanks

Comments

• CaerdonCaerdon Member Posts: 10
    You can use Shadowkeeper (Google for it) to alter the speed of any character in your party. I can't give you any exact values, but experimenting with it is as easy as pie.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I believe 0 is the normal default speed. Barbarians get +2 speed and they move slightly faster. Not sure if you can get below 0 speed (does the game crash?)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Sounds like only your main character has a speed reduction effect. You could use a program like Near Infinity to copy this effect to the other party members making them all as slow, or you could remove it, likely making your main character as fast as the others. If you're not familiar with that kind of editing you could just post your save and someone can alter it for you.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    That really sounds like a bug. Is your guy overburdened and you didn't realize it? I doubt it's the case but if I've learned anything over the years it's always troubleshoot at the most obvious place first.
  • boofboof Member Posts: 22
    Gonna bump as I have the same issue now. Same circumstances as the OP.
    I tried Near Infinity and couldn't find anywhere to edit movement speed on the characters.
    I tried ShadowKeeper but it says the movement speeds of all the characters are 0 (normal), but the PC is obviously not the same as others in game.
    No I'm not encumbered.
    Any ideas?
    I might just experiment with >0 speeds on my PC and try to match them up with the rest, though I have a feeling that might have bad effects later on when combined with haste items/spells.
    Worst case scenario I'll just go back to bg1tutu, reinstall bg2 movement speed, kill Sarevok, restart bg2 with dungeon be gone and it would put me at about the same place as now (luckily noticed this early).