Skip to content

Revert UI back to 1.3?

Is there a way to revert game UI back to that of 1.3 with minimal tweaking?
I strongly dislike the new character and item sheet and would like to go back to those from 1.3 (with golden ornaments and other looks). I would also like to retain some of the new implementations (for example the way new sprites look). I would also like for these changes to last until the end of new expansion.

Comments

• RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2016
    Hi.

Baldur's Gate 2 --> Properties --> Betas. (Steam only) Sadly you can only revert the entire game to the previous patch.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    @RobertMcDuck: I'm having some problems with 2.1 as well, it seems quite buggy. I'd like to try "reverting" to 2.0 until those issues are fixed. Actually, I'm not sure if "reverting" is the right word because I never used 2.0, I installed 2.1 directly.

Anyway, I didn't understand your explanation of how to do it. Can you help?
    edited April 2016
    @Alonso

You can only revert back to 1.3, I'm afraid.

1. https://gyazo.com/106e298d29cf875064c03379c1d926d5

Go to your library, right click Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Click properties.

2. https://gyazo.com/eab6726c35b7fe288b0b4c15966f7870

Click on Betas (I marked it with red.)

3. https://gyazo.com/fed5d6be641e669de3e12dc51128a4b0

In the dropdown menu. Choose the 1.3 version, you do not need a password, just choose the 1.3 and click close, let the game update and then play.

Hope it helps.
    @RobertMcDuck: Can't see anything in the first link. Looks like only a part of the picture was uploaded.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited April 2016
    AFAIK the "revert to 1.3" option only applies if you bought the game on Steam (i.e. you have to go to Steam first and then click on My Library etc.)
    Edit: Worst case, you can buy the 1.3 game again as a DVD box set from Amazon UK.
    Alonso said:

@RobertMcDuck: Can't see anything in the first link. Looks like only a part of the picture was uploaded.

Do you have the game on steam? Go to library and right-click the game, select properties. And as dunbar said, this only works for the steam version of the game.

@alonso
    @dunbar
  • MalbethMalbeth Member Posts: 27
    Be careful before reverting: a number of players who reverted to 1.3 found issues with their saved game files. This may depend on whether you have used mods.

It is always a good idea to back up your saved game files before changing versions. Good luck!
    dunbar said:

AFAIK the "revert to 1.3" option only applies if you bought the game on Steam

Bummer, I bought it from GOG, they have a great price. Just sent them a message asking them if they can get me 1.3.
    dunbar said:

from Amazon UK.

That's so funny :D Why Amazon UK? Why not Amazon US, or Amazon Brazil, or Amazon China?