Skip to content

Spellcasting issue

Anyone noticed that sometimes when u cast spell it gets into infinite loop (casting sequece) and spell is wasted ? Happened like 10 times today and many before. Pretty annoying.

Comments

• RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Target became untargetable during the casting of the spell most likely. The animation Will contuniue for some time.
  • MastablasterMastablaster Member Posts: 7
    Hm but this happens also when i use summons, ground cant be untargetable. I am only one who experience this ?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You lose line of sight. Happens when casting into narrow doors or tight corridors, you start but then lose sight (the area gets fog of war'ed) and you lose the spell, however your character looks like casting infinitely. Happens to me on occasion.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    With Avatars. Devas etc. you can only have one summoned entity under your control at any one time so trying to cast a second one will result in the spell being cast, failing and therefore, wasted.
  • MastablasterMastablaster Member Posts: 7
    I think its more like lunar and McDuck said. Especially im lvl 11 and spam skeletons mostly or other cannon fodder. Guess gotta be careful where i throw spells from now.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Dunbar's theori ain't too far fetched neither.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    Summon by tap or clicking your portrait for target area.

It'll spawn almost on top of you this way.

The animation will continue however if you get interrupted or have haste gear on and instant cast (like robe of vecna) . In that case just do the ol rocky horror picture show and *jump to the left* real quick to stop the animation.

And yes, I have had casters sit there twirling the glow bulbs doing nothing, this sorta fixes em... worst is melee chars just standing there while they get beat on without attacking... that really sucks. .