Skip to content

Bugs with Neera's ToB quests (SPOILERS)

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I ran through Neera's ToB quest today for the first time and I encountered a few problems that should really be fixed. After some testing I determined the following issues:
  1. After using the bell to sumon Szass Tam, it is extremely easy to break the quest. If you deal too much damage before his protections have activated (and he gives you plenty of time to maul him before this) he will angrily force you back to the clearing instead giving you the dialogue option to cease hostilities. Being forced back to the clearing breaks the quest and will not trigger the relevant dialogues with Neera.

2. When you agree to stop fighting Szass Tam your characters do not get the message and continue attacking him. This of course starts hostilities right back up, which will eventually result in him forcing you back to the clearing. I believe this also breaks the quest. It took carefully timed pausing on my part to make sure the combat actually ended.

3. When you ask Szass Tam to send you back the clearing it plays an intro video for the courtyard you just left. I would assume this video is intended to play when you first enter the courtyard.

Breaking the quest is so incredibly easy to do for a well equipped party that I would guess more players break the quest than not. And it is by no means obvious that you have broken the quest - I only realized it because I was following along a guide to make sure I didn't miss anything. I would highly recommend making Szass Tam less of a moron (i.e. his protections activate before you are allowed to attack him, not a couple seconds afterwords), remove the possibility of breaking the quest, and ensure that player characters stand down when they are supposed to.