Skip to content

Andrus Gath

IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
Anyone ever tried to kill Andrus Gath? How much life does he have anyway? I have tried several strategies to no avail. :p At least he's hittable. I could dish out damage around 50-70 I think before being imprisoned. Protection from Magic does not work. Invisibility is of no effect. He's also uninterruptible. Oh, I just thought of something...we'll see if it works!

Edit: Okay I just tried to lower the difficulty. I made 165 damage total. Still... Damn who needs the Hero of Baldur's Gate or Elminster when they have the almighty Andrus Gath!
Post edited by Illustair on

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    The name is Arkanis Gath, he's supposed to be unkillable to protect the plot from you trying to break it :p
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    lansounet said:

The name is Arkanis Gath, he's supposed to be unkillable to protect the plot from you trying to break it :p

Hehe, yup. If you allow plot-required NPCs to be killable, then you end up with what happened in TES3: Morrowind, where the game has to warn you that "you broke the game". LMAO
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    @Iansounet Arkanis only operates in Amn. I suppose Andrus is kind of his "mage sister" here in the Sword Coast.
    edited April 2016
    I didn't realize this was in SoD forums, so a new plot fixer named Andrus Gath... @Illustair Where did he appear?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @lansounet every time that important NPCs from the Flaming Fist are present.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited April 2016
    lansounet said:

I didn't realize this was in SoD forums, so a new plot fixer named Andrus Gath... @Illustair Where did he appear?

@SpaceInvader is correct. I'm trying to cause havoc in coalition camp right now. Now that would be a fun achievement now would it @rapsam2003 :smiley: so he's really unkillable then? I could imagine Arkanis Gath because he appears just to backstab and insta-kill you, but with his sister, you have a few seconds window. So maybe?

The most powerful siblings in Faerun I must say. I have to kill at least one of them. Must be the essence of Bhaal within..
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You can Ctrl Q her before she kills you but I don't know any "legit" option.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Illustair said:

@rapsam2003 :smiley: so he's really unkillable then? I could imagine Arkanis Gath because he appears just to backstab and insta-kill you, but with his sister, you have a few seconds window. So maybe?

You're welcome to try. I imagine that he has a lot of immunities and such. You may be able to spoof it to "kill" him, but good luck.
    I know now, she can't be killed. Just an fyi for anyone who would waste time trying. :p I ctrl-Q'd her and it's not that she has a lot of health or that she has damage or spell immunities; she's simply unkillable.
    Stat drain might work unless they updated the MIN1HP item to protect from that effect
    Finally met her... She spawned as I killed the camp traitor and immediatly imprisoned me. After I was done doing all the camp quests without saving, what a mood killer...
    That's unfortunate. You got confused on what to do next, I take it? I understand, that traitor quest is not that well made. But hey if it makes you feel better, I wasted a few hours before I realized she's unkillable.
  • TarynTaryn Member Posts: 1
    @Illustair Thanks to you (and the others posting here) for explaining this. I was really scratching my head on this one -- especially because, oddly enough, on only my third attempt at defeating her (Andrus Gath) she never appeared! I'm not sure if it's because on that try, I called in a bunch of summons around the spy (Malden Col) and they finished him off for me, or what, but I ended up leisurely looting a seal of Caelar and a few miscellaneous items off of his traitorous corpse, while waiting around for the mysterious super-killer mage (who I was assuming WAS somehow part of the plot) to reappear. Only this time she never did. So eventually I moved on and just went off to inform Nederlok.

When I turned the quest in he spoke of Col as having "been arrested" which I'm guessing is the only thing I actually managed to "break" about the plot here, since the whole business with Col seems to have been a very minor (and very optional) side quest.