Skip to content

Extend\Redesign Spell Book: More Spells per page

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
In BG2 sometimes you have so many spells per level memorized that they exceed the page of the spell book.
Size of the Book need to be increased in order to fit ~20 (currently it is 12) possible memorized spells per level imho.

[spoiler=Current spell book's look]image
image[/spoiler]

@TrentOster @KeithS
Post edited by Anton on

Comments

• kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2012
    Did you install a mod to expand your spellbook? I don't think it's PnP legal to write 20 spells per level no matter how high your INT.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    With two rings of wizardry, you can get 24 level 1 spells memorized. (6 * 2 * 2 = 24).
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    ~20 spells per level, 9 levels, 180 spells max...bit too many for my liking. Kind of takes away the strategic planning for spell casters as they can learn pretty much every spell in their book. I like to have a limit, makes me think tactically about how many magic missiles, armour, shield (taking lvl 1 Mage spells as an example) I should memorise before succumbing to rest...or telling my mage to hide behind a tree if we're attacked!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The ring of wizardry shouldn't stack with itself, first of all. If it does, that's a bug that needs to be fixed.
    edited September 2012
    Nevermind, I misunderstood the original post because at the time I couldn't view the image. Still think it's a bug or a mod though.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @kilroy_was_here it's an exploit, technically. It's using two of the same item to achieve something that wasn't intended.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Aosaw said:

The ring of wizardry shouldn't stack with itself, first of all. If it does, that's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Definitely a bug. IMO, ring of wiz in BG 2 is more balanced.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Bah who says this is an exploit? Isn't it normal to have 3/4 of your level one spells be only memorised because of your possession of certain items? ;)
    The exploit to wear two rings of Gaxx for double the AC bonus and double the regen was way better though :)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    ToB extender gives your spell books a scroll up and scroll down button.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    there is a rumor about scroll bars in the "announced"thread...
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

there is a rumor about scroll bars in the "announced"thread...

But but...how does a scroll book made of delicate parchment 'scroll'? :::head explodes:::

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    lol! that really deserves a "like" but thats not an option on my phone so I guess a lol will have to do!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694