Skip to content

D&D stories!

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
I'm not sure if a forum like this has been done before but whatever I just like hearing weird/epic/funny stories from a tabletop setting its always a joy to me. My personal best story (and the reason i can't DM anymore also this story is from last august) is the characters i was running through a campaign with were getting far too powerful so i threw a P&P durlag's Tower at them, They destroyed it, My thought was then The Tomb of Horrors to my surprise my players had no issue with the tomb, Then , unknowing to them, i pulled out my trump card, The Apocalypse Stone, to say the least they were not happy when the entire universe was destroyed with them.

Comments

• KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    I mostly avoid tabletop d&d but I remember a very good time playing Sturm the knight from the Dragonlance campaign for D&D3.5.

Most completing moment was the last seance I have play. My character doesn't really forge strong link with the other character but have slowly grow to the leader of the last defense for his country. He really try to fight and finaly fall but success to protect most of his people he can and stand untill the very end, he was killed by the only NPC he have very strong, respectfull and shared sentiments in a total lost by advance but right one to one fight.

At the end one of the other player come to me to ask if Sturm would like being bring back to life. But for me he really have accomplish what he wanted. If the others bring him back to life he will just become some revenge character. He die as the last hero of his country, without never use conspiracy and by staying loyal, carefull and respectfull to his friends, ennemis and all the people who become both during the campaign.

So the other players let him having his peacefull repose.

(I don't know if it's like what happened in the book or the official lore)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Ahh, Dragonlance. That brings back some fond memories, and some not so fond ones. We were going the Silvanesti set of modules, supposed to be three modules as I recall. We were halfway through the second module, trapped in the nightmare forest, inside a weird dream spell from Takhisis. The theme of the dream was that it was after the war, we had won, and Lord Soth had been restored and was being to one of the PC's, a lady in the group. I was a red robe mage and had just gotten Wish before starting the modules, and the DM had forgotten. I looked around the room at everyone and said, "I wish all of this was real".
    The DM had to stop the game to think about it, and finally concluded that Paladine would have answered just such a wish in order to jujitsu Takhisis as it were. So everything did become real like tha tin our campaign and I never did find out what the last half of module 2 and module 3 were.