Skip to content

CLUAConsole problem, item creation in SoD

Hi, just began playing the game; I forgot to store some items I wanted to take from the city when the main quest begins. I had a rather old save game so instead I decided to create the items I had forgotten but the CLUAConsole command doesn't work the way it used to work in the other games.

The specific command I used was:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxx") where xxx is the name of the item. I can't recall the specific error but it didn't work with any item I tried to create, and this same command works with all other versions of the game including the EEs. Has the item list changed from prevoius games? Is there a new way to create items with the Console in SoD or has a savegame editor been updated to work with SoD? The items I need to recover are 4 wands: Monster Summoning, Paralyzation, Fire and Polymorph (I used WAND10, WAND04, WAND05, WAND 09)... I'm at the first camp so I could add money and buy 2 wands that are for sale there, but Paralyzation and Polymorph are not for sale in that store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Just use C:CreateItem("xxx").
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    Fast and 100% effective mate, thanks.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    CLUAConsole was shortened to "C". It's much easier to type and remember that anyway.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    In vanilla you could go to the console and press up and it would insert and cycle through the last few clua commands you entered. I tried this and it didn't work like before. I was a bit disappointed in that as a modmaker, I often tested things that way.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

In vanilla you could go to the console and press up and it would insert and cycle through the last few clua commands you entered. I tried this and it didn't work like before. I was a bit disappointed in that as a modmaker, I often tested things that way.

It works for me, I think I had to hit down arrow first maybe?
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    edited April 2016
    mf2112 said:

It works for me, I think I had to hit down arrow first maybe?

Indeed it does... as always.

By the way, funny story... I remembered where I left my wands, they were in the elfsong tavern inside a bag next to the little lady who asks you to steal some wine. I teleported to the area and brought them back... I still feel kinda guilty since it was my stupidity that got them lost in the first place, so in a way I feel I deserved to lose them, but on the other hand I spent a lot of resources in a dungeon in the first open area for "not" having them when I thought I did, so that kinda levels things...