Skip to content

Party for BG2:EE? UGH this is so difficult...

ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
Well, I got really tired of playing my first party run of a Berserker(13)->Cleric. Was just too annoying/painful.

Gonna restart playing as a Cavalier planning on weilding Carsomyr.

Imoen and Serevok in ToB are a must. Want to play melee heavy - but want a couple mages and was thinking Viconia for a romance+change her to align to be good.

Thinking....
Charname
Minsc
Haer'dalis (Serevok)
(Jan) Imoen... can't wait to get rid of Jan
????
????

What say you for the last two?

Comments

• Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2016
    IMHO Inquisitor > Cavalier.

I always liked Anomen. He always turns into a beast with the right items.

I'd get rid of Minsc and pick up Keldorn. Instant dispels and true sight are just too good.

As far as a magic user, I'd recommend Edwin. As a conjurer he gets a bonus to flame arrow. He has lots of spells and his banter is kind of ignorant funny. Nalia is a good mage but I was just never interested in her story.
  • ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    Plan is to use DUHM and Carsomyr for the Dispel. I want to play a true paladin in a real party. This will be my first party full play through as I normally solo as an inquisitor or fmt.

Minsc for the flavor dialogue as I've never experienced it before. I think he shall use flail of ages as a mainland ;)
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2016
    Minsc dialog is as mindless as Jan IMO.

Keldorn and Anomen have some good back and forths
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    A cleric (Anomen or Aerie or Viconia)
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2016
    I went with goodytwoshoes for SoA while doing personal quests for all the NPCs leaving my doors for ToB open:

main Archer
    Keldorn
    Korgan (fits a party of any alignment not packing Aerie)
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Jan->Yoshimo (for RP purposes only)-> Imoen

And now am contemplating becoming evil ranger in hell (and likely EEkeepering out Fallen out of Archer) +:
    Dorn
    Korgan
    Hexxat
    Edwin
    Sarevok
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Viconia or Aerie for the romance would be cool. Viconia for the redemption route, which fits with a Paladin. Aerie, as a Lawful Good character, also fits in with a paladin for romance.

However, I'd like a female paladin and romance Anomen. This was my favorite playthrough (first time I beat SoA and ToB all the way through). Anomen fits three criteria
    1. He's perfect for your melee heavy preference
    2. Covers you for healing and divine casting
    3. He roleplays very well with a paladin

You can make your PC female, have Anomen as your romance and have Keldorn as your paladin mentor.
  • ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    i'm not trying to be *that* lawful good hahahah