Skip to content

BG2:EE iPad version: "Export to" menu no longer appears

LooxLoox Member Posts: 18
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
(TL;DR):

I can no longer get the export menu to come up after long pressing the quick button.

Edit: the export menu does not appear when exporting my character either.
I'm so screwed.

Okay. This is my first go-thru of these games and I'm on BG2.
in the first game I was able to export my save games to Dropbox or mail, etc..
I was also able to do it on my BG2 run. I dropped as lost a quest item by mistake.
Following the instructions carefully it totally works. IPad save to PC back to iPad.

I usually long tap the quicksave button and the menu comes up asking me where to export the save.

Starting yesterday it stopped working. Long tapping the quicksave button saves the game twice to quicksave instead of bringing up the menu. I know it should work because I've done it before. I spent an hour pressing for different lengths of time. Anything other than a regular tap saves the quicksave twice. In the dialog box it says:
Quicksave saved
Quicksave saved.
Twice like that. And no menu comes up.

I reset the iPad hard and soft. I've tried everything.
Now here's the problem:

I can't reinstall the app without losing my saved game files. BUT I cant save my saved games outside the app lbecause I can't export.

Is there a fix that gets the quicksave button working again to pull up the export menu? Or am I missing something?

Please help me.

Louis
Post edited by Loox on

Comments

• LooxLoox Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2016
    the export menu does not appear when exporting my character either.
    I'm so screwed.

Edit: I am going to answer my own question in case someone else has the same problem.
    Answer: there is a program called iMazing for PC and Mac that will backup your iPad (or used your last back up), extract the app you want in a way that allows you enter the app with any file explorer. Change what you want as normal then import it back. It'll then restore the backup to itself or something like that and voilà!... it worked.

I now have my protagonist. A Skald I made in multiplayer, and my quest items. I also took this opportunity to two stall the app and my export menus are back.

Don't know what voodoo iMazing uses but it worked.
    Post edited by Loox on
  • e_s_wilsone_s_wilson Member Posts: 2
    Same problem here!! Ever figure out why the export / long tap on quicksave stopped working?? I purchased the iOS version of this expecting to be able to swap/synchronize the save game between steam and iOS versions based on what I read on the forum....but now it looks like the export capability is no longer avail. In the game? Disappointing waste of $10.. :-/