Skip to content

Ranger->Cleric and Cleric/Ranger having druid spells: how is it exactly?

How exactly does this stuff with ranger->clerics (and a cleric/rangers) having access to both cleric and druid spells works these days? I've read about it here and there, but the resources are hazy at best; some are a decade old, and it might have been changed/patched since then. I don't even know whether it's a bug or a feature.

Does a Ranger 2 -> Cleric just get all the druid spells for all subsequent levels as soon as he unlocks those levels as a cleric, no questions asked? Does he need to be lvl 9 before dualing to have access to them? Does he only gain access to the druid spells that his ranger level would allow him to cast? Or does he lose them entirely?

And what about Cleric/Ranger? Does he gain access to the druid spells only once he's on lvl 9 with Ranger? And is it all spells or just he ones his Ranger exp would allow?
Quartz

Comments

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I have heard that it was patched out and they can only access druid spells in their ranger spell slots.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjack[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My guess is no, though I can't understand why. There are several appropriate geatures built into iOS.
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    Tommy123 said:

Ranger 2 -> Cleric ... no druid spells
    Ranger 8 -> Cleric ... 1st level druid spells
    Ranger 10 -> Cleric ... 1st + 2nd level druid spells
    Ranger 12+ -> Cleric ... 1st + 2nd + 3rd level druid spells

this is also true for a multiclass ranger/cleric

This probably explains what happened when I went to check a ToB character for druid spells.
    So I guess the best way for druid spells as the character is going with multiclass rather than duals.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62

Tommy123 said:

This probably explains what happened when I went to check a ToB character for druid spells.
    So I guess the best way for druid spells as the character is going with multiclass rather than duals.

You can dual at 7, 13 or even 21 for that matter, especially now that SOD exists 7 shouldn't be awful. Final fight in BGEE will be a bitch, but not impossible. Still, I always found the multiclass more appealing.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Quique said:

Tommy123 said:

You can dual at 7, 13 or even 21 for that matter, especially now that SOD exists 7 shouldn't be awful. Final fight in BGEE will be a bitch, but not impossible. Still, I always found the multiclass more appealing.
    or just go the Fighter/Cleric route now, who liked those Aragon Pansy's walking through the woods anyhow..
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380

or just go the Fighter/Cleric route now, who liked those Aragon Pansy's walking through the woods anyhow..

Let's see...only two of the hottest women in LotR (Arwen, Eoywn).
    If they asked me to put on tights and go kiss a brownie's ass I'd say, "Tally-ho!"

justfeelinathome