Skip to content

Insane mode.

So. Mobile version. Un model. Not as patched as you pc guys version.

Here's the question. If you do an insane run through from soa. Are you importing (with the levels) or are you rolling at the start?

Comments

• Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Did you say, Keep rollin rollin rollin rollin!..?

If I were to attempt insane it would be with BGEE run through first. Need all the advantage in the beginning.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can start right from bg2, for added challenge. It is not that difficult if you have played the game before, especially so if you are playing unmodded.

I started a scs/tactics/ascension run on hard difficulty, on my Ipad. Started from bg2. I haven't played bg1 for a good time, bg2 is so good when compared to hunting xvarts in generic wilderness areas of bg1. It is doable, difficult but doable, and enjoyable. I play minimal reload as well, and am having some troubles in the underdark, permanently lost Minsc, Anomen and Imoen, lost access to bag of holding and a lot of best stuff and potions, nearly broke, but am marching on.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    @lunar

How do you permanently lose stuff?
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    By not reloading? If a character gets chunked can they even get resurrected?
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    Chunked can't get resurrected. They disappear from group. Have to reload from save. I'm talking solo though....

Some of the insane mode runs I'm seeing people are starting with an imported 30 or 40 level char into irenicus dungeon. ... (your level can make up the difference on lack of gear)

I'm wondering if they roll fresh bg2 and insane mode it on... I don't have access to scs and such being mobile but it would definitely be a whole different ball game starting at level 8 or 9 on insane completely naked. ... especially if you went no reload...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    @Tenrecc Yeah, @Diomedes33 is right, I do not reload unless main char is dead. SCS has a component that takes all of your items in Spellhold, and does not give them back until you escape the dungeon. It takes all of your items and places them on Irenicus's table after you escape the dungeon. It was bugged a bit, any potion or arrow staack turned into quantity of 1, I wanted to prevent that. So I played smart and placed all my bag of holding and huge potions stack to a container outside of Spellhold near the bar. I was mighty pissed after a very difficult treck through the dungeon, and threatened Saemon and did not take on his offer of help. I did not know I could not leave the Spellhold then, the magic barrier prevents leaving and only way to go is underdark portal. Thus I lost a lot of items and tons of potions permanently. Oh well. It makes for a fresh and interesting challenge, I tell you. Though Underdark is very difficult with only 2-3 extra healing potions I scavenged.

One saving grace is, I have semi multi clerics mod, which adds a tome that if you read it adds some cleric spells to a mage's book at the cost of a hefty con/dex and experience points penalty. I did that and my wild mage main char can cast raise dead as a lvl 5 spell when needed, even though he runs around with a con of 5. NPCs died a lot in the spellhold dungeon, thanks to having no items (save some generic non magical armor/weapons given by Bodhi to make the hunt more interesting) and without raise dead my mage just would not be able to escape alone. Imoen died permanently to a lightning bolt by one of those pesky Yuan-ti mages, I had that coming for playing on hard difficulty. Her charred, blackened corpse will be a nasty stain on the main hall of Spellhold dungeon for eternity.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Aewyrven said:

Some of the insane mode runs I'm seeing people are starting with an imported 30 or 40 level char into irenicus dungeon. ... (your level can make up the difference on lack of gear)

Why would you need to be level 30 or 40? Insane isn't that hard, Both for solo and party runs.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    It's just what I'm seeing.... *shrugs* and I'm wondering how you guys do it as a prep for my guy. Heck I'm already cranking up the difficulty on my bg because he advanced so heavily mostly solo. (Yeah a bg is kinda op, didn't know that when I started).... next run through I'll do a weaker char and probably full solo it with Yoshi to clear before final ends on boxes and such....

I'm limited on what I can do on mobile. (Can't scs ect, no shadow keeper. .. and if there is one or if I dld a program that let's me modify programs somehow I don't honestly want it)

I'm simply seeing some insane mode threads showing up as ohhh I did that easy... just import... but it was my lvl 40 tob char into the start... that kinda thing....

I have many ways of going through in a weakened state on insane... (first stat load, random spell pick, even split all thief skills on roll, ect) which do make it harder...

But do people solo on insane, fresh roll, or import? That's kinda what I want to know.
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    All of my solos (always insane, about eight or so, I think) have been without importing, because BG1 bores me. (I also did an insane poverty solo of BG1 with a rebalanced shapeshifter, just to prove that it was easy [god, was it], but I'd already done the BG2 version of that one as far as it could go. (Can't get by the Ravager fight, and the final battle wouldn't have been possible either.)