Skip to content

Angurvadal vs Spectral Brand

... one both are upgraded, which is better? Or is there another good option that I'm missing?

My current PC is a Swashbuckler - no Crom Faeyr or Foebane for her. Obviously she'll have Belm or the Scarlet Ninja-to in her off-hand. Valygar will be taking the good katanas and Haer'Dalis the short swords, so those are not in the running.

On the one hand, if I use Angurvadal on my main, I can give the Girdle of Fire Giant Strength to somebody else and wear a different belt. I could also have Jaheira wield the Spectral Brand that way. On the other hand, I could keep the Spectral Brand for Charname and Jaheira could have Ixil's Spike. Any thoughts?

Comments

• QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    If you want to give ixil to jaheira and go with a two-handed druid, I'd equip her with staff of the ram instead. Crushing damage > any other.
    Angurvadal with the strength bonus makes it an easy decision, as you said yourself, it frees your belt of fire giant strength to any other fighter or slinger for extra oomph.
    RobertMcDuckjackjack
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    They are both great, but i like a bit more Angurvadal because i prefer fire than ice damage, for Trolls ;)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Angurvadal is better on a swashbuckler because it means you don't have to equip a STR belt, which means you can equip a specific AC belt (Golden girdle etc...) which is excellent considering your already very low AC
    Goturaljackjack
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2016
    Spectral band and Twinkle aka Drittz's + 5 Scimitar +2AC +3 Thaco

You just need to spawn it or nuke Drittz and his party and take the rep hit. That's my favorite Scimitar pairing any ways especially for light armored characters.

My Favorite long Sword pairing is Angurvadal and Black Razor. Gives you immunity charm fear and level drain and have a 22 str and get 1 hp every 5 seconds.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Probably Scarlet Ninja-To + Belm is better damage on a Swashbuckler except when you whirlwind in which case 1 weapon+single weapon style is better.

The tricky bit is that you have so many dual wielders contending for your speed weapons.
    Grum
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I'll go with Angurvadal.

... when I eventually get up to ToB. The character in question hasn't actually made it to Cloakwood yet, I just like to plan ahead (especially when it comes to weapon proficiencies.)
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2016
    Andraste said:

The character in question hasn't actually made it to Cloakwood yet, I just like to plan ahead (especially when it comes to weapon proficiencies.)

I agree with your planning, it's wise to know proficiencies from the beginning.
    Anyway i forgot to ask the race of your character, because if he is a elf it's another reason to choose Angurvadal