Skip to content

Troll wrangling problem *SPOILERS*

When you arrive at Dragonspear Castle, and are able to explore the crusaders' main camp, there's a miniquest involving troll wrangling. The green imma-eat-your-flesh kind, not the internet kind. When you get the shackles you're supposed to talk to the troll so that it 'comes willingly'. Sofar I have exhausted the dialogue on it but was always forced to kill it, since it attacked, and that pissed off the quest giver.

Looking through the dialogue in Infinity Explorer showed that a few special circumstances exist for certain classes, namely:

- Blackguards, barbarians and fighters can intimidate the troll.
- Mages can confuse the heck out of it.
- Bards can sing a song to calm it down. Srsly.

I am (1) honestly wondering about the reasons to include these exceptions, thus excluding others, and (2) looking for ways to finish the miniquest without killing the troll. My druid needs your help. :)

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I was able to beat it into its downed state and then shackle it that way (which may have required talking to the quest giver while it was downed).
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Apparently you can also
    bluff the quest giver into doing it herself,
    and yeah, you just have to talk to her when the troll is downed.

I may have been a little too impatient. Not to mention overprepared when I outfitted my party members with acidic/flaming weaponry. ;)
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited June 2016
    Came here after doing the "On the Fence" side-quest in that camp for the first time.

With an assassin I couldn't find any talk option to finish the troll wrangling task without getting attacked by the troll. Once the initial talking to Sindred has ended, you cannot return for more choices and can only talk to the troll. The shackles remained in my inventory after beating him into downed state with the help of the nearby crusaders. And Sindred automatically started the talk about the reward.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    I was attacked and i hit him back without killing it. He turned not hostile and i was rewared anyway.