Skip to content

Tale of Taldrea, Dwarven Fighter/Cleric *Will Contain Spoilers*

DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
This is the playthrough blog for the elven fighter/mage Rilthea.

In here I will list her stats, biography, general play style and progress throughout the games. While this will not be a solo run (teams are fun), nor a no death run, we are going modless (Subject to Change) and for as few deaths as relatively possible.

Some interesting things of note before delving too deep into her.

1. I envision her as a sort of Dwarven Paladin, although I neglect to mention any deity she might follow.

2. She will be more likely to dual wield than my Elven Fighter/Mage, but it will likely take a long time until she feels comfortable with it.

3. Since I've only played BG with a Stalker and a Cavalier, the highest divine magic I've gone up to with a pc character is level 4. This will allow me to experience what some of the more high level divine abilities (like blade barrier) are like when I don't have to worry about Anomen chopping my main character to bits.

4. At least in BG1 I think I'm going to try and complete the game with the canon party. As such I'd like to keep Minsc and Jaheria in BG2, although I don't know who I'll add with them. With the typical dwarven affinity towards family and clan, I'll likely send Keldorn back to his wife and just live without someone running around with Carsomyr. I suppose the flip side of that is that I will likely bring Sarevok with me in ToB. Seems like a decent trade.

Comments

• KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    Cool, but does this mean you're going to be doing two simultaneous playthroughs?

4. Yeah, in my current playthrough I liked Keldorn enough that I decided to keep him (originally I was planning on Mazzy or Valgyar for that slot, since my PC is a Paladin). But then when the family thing came up, I felt like letting him go was just the right thing to do, so I went back to the original plan and settled on Mazzy.

1. I like the concept, kinda like Mazzy is supposed to be a paladin of Arvoreen even though her class is fighter. Here's a list of dwarven deities if you feel like picking one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities#Dwarven_deities
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Ya it will probably be Two simultaneous playthroughs.

Thanks for the list I've read through it a few times. Chances are since I can't use axes I'd just follow Moradin like a good dwarf. Clanggedin would likely be the other Deity that my dwarf would follow at the same time. She's even less charismatic than the average dwarf however, so she spreads her faith via Warhammer.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    What about Haela Brightaxe as a Goddess? Okay, she's only a demipower, but her portfolio is: Goddess of luck in battle, joy of battle, dwarven fighters.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @LadyRhian

I can see her also venerating Haela. But since I view her as an honorable combatant and paladin like, I think she would likely venerate Moradin, Clanggedin, Haela in that order.