Skip to content

Dual Classing a Fallen Ranger Question

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
Greetings Fellow Infinity Fans,

Continuing my tradition of rerollitis (doctors' tell me there is no cure), I found myself thinking very hard about my recent character (who I have yet to create, because of the need for input from you folks who know this engine far better than I!). I've more or less settled on Stalker as his main class (human), but I was planning on dualing him down the road, just wasn't sure what I would dual him too yet.

Then another issue cropped up. This character doesn't really follow the line of good like a dutiful Paladin might, and giving the nature of Stalkers in the first place, I realized it might be very difficult for a Stalker (if we're thinking real life terms here) to maintain that perfectly Good streak when you are skulking around in the shadows, jumping your enemy unawares, maybe forcing information out of him, that sort of thing. I just believe there is so much potential here for a Stalker to start to sway a bit closer to the Neutral side of things--which means, oh noes, my new character is now a Fallen Stalker!

Upon doing a little research I stumbled on a post on Boards o' Magic where a fellow mentioned that a Fallen Ranger can dual into ANY of the classes that a Fighter could. I had to pause for a second and reread the post a few times, but I cannot think of anything else he could possibly mean based on the wording, other than, a Fallen Ranger can indeed dual into a Druid, a Thief, a Mage, or a Cleric. My eyes lit up and now I am all giddy, but I have to confirm before pressing forward with this.

Is my understanding here perfectly in line with reality? Could I essentially take my Stalker character through BGEE, through SOD, and into BG2EE, have him become Fallen before doing the Ranger stronghold quest, dualing him before the Ranger stronghold quest to say--a Mage--and then upon completing the Ranger stronghold quest, have a brand spanking new (and badass) Stalker/Mage character? Obviously I'd have to level the Mage high enough for the Stalker abilities to kick back in, such is the ways of Dual classing, but I definitely would like to know if I'm on the right track here or if I derailed shortly after my greeting to all of you fine folks?

Thanks in advance in any case :)

Edit: Thinking through this a little more, I realize I might have to become Fallen a lot sooner than BG2EE in order to dual class and get both of my classes active during BG2EE. Curses! :disappointed:

Comments

• smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    In the original BG when you became a fallen Paladin or Ranger you simply became a normal fighter. BG2 changed this giving you fallen status instead.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    smady3 said:

In the original BG when you became a fallen Paladin or Ranger you simply became a normal fighter. BG2 changed this giving you fallen status instead.

Ah, right, so sadly it isn't possible then. Well, I thank you for the clarification :)
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited April 2016
    I wish there was a mod compatible with SoD that'd make it possible to dual fallen ranger and paladin. My dream Bhaalspawn is fallen paladin, who duals into mage of thief.