Skip to content

[Mac] [Resolved] New install crashes after character creation.

TrinabTrinab Member Posts: 8
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hello there,

I've been having multiple issues with running Baldur's Gate on my mac laptop. The first issue was the game's falure to launch when done from the launcher, which I found a solution to in this forum using the renaming work-around.

I am now having another issue: when I start a new game/make a new character, I get through everything fine, then when I can finally select 'venture forth' after choosing difficulty, the game immediately crashes to desktop with no warning.

I have looked where I can through these forums, but can't seem to find anyone that is having the same issue, and was wondering if I had either missed something, or if this is something new?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Okay, did some more digging/fiddling and figured it out. Apparently when installing from Beamdog, it tries to install an alias into your Documents folder, that can't actually work because it does not generate the correct file in your ~/libary folder. You need to delete/rename the alias, and create a new folder in /Documents with the same name (Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition) I didn't think this was the same issue as the saving issue, because I failed to realize that new character creation generates an auto-save. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue!
Post edited by Trinab on