Skip to content

Getting Download info?

AyurukAyuruk Member Posts: 20
edited October 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I just pre-ordered the game, and I'm trying to pre-download the game client. the beamdog downloader says "getting download info" for about a hour now. Is that normal??

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited October 2012
    Ayuruk said:

I just pre-ordered the game, and I'm trying to pre-download the game client. the beamdog downloader says "getting download info" for about a hour now. Is that normal??

Yeah, that's normal.
    There isn't anything to download yet..

When we're getting close to release date, probably and hopefully a matter of a few days before release date, well be able to download the game.
    HOWEVER - we will not be able to actually play the game until the official release date.
    That way their servers will hopefully not be hammered to much on release day.

Preordering is mostly just a way to support the developers, and we get a discount on the game, which IMO wasn't really necessary, as the game is dirt cheap as it is.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Bytebrain said:

Preordering is mostly just a way to support the developers, and we get a discount on the game, which IMO wasn't really necessary, as the game is dirt cheap as it is.

For me the price is right, but not dirt cheap xDD

Yeah, I don't have 20 dollars in my pocket...

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Necdilzor said:

Bytebrain said:

For me the price is right, but not dirt cheap xDD

Yeah, I don't have 20 dollars in my pocket...

In comparison with most releases it is a third of the price, but what's cheap for me may be rich for someone with less money of course.. :-)

A young student or a youngster receiving only pocket money from their parents surely have a different idea about the price than me.

As I have a reasonably paying job, it's dirt cheap to me, considering the countless hours of content in the game..