Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Stellar Tactics - awesome isometric sandbox Sci-Fi RPG in Outer Space (cancelled)

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited April 2016 in Off-Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTnWDuUNuLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Aksnkg-cc

Stumbled across this fine gem known as Stellar Tactics just a moment ago. And damn, this looks sweet! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zmc8w71ANE

Lots of great things going on in this upcoming title: space opera, Open World style with tens of thousand of planets to explore, mining, crafting, turn based ground combat with classical isometric camera, real-time space combat, alien ruins, classless character build progression, PSIONICS and even a toolset for the modding community! :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNgFRuFf5Y

The funding goal of Stellar Tactics is $67.000 and its campaign ends on May 25th. Maverick Games has developed Stellar Tactics for over six years and could really use a helping cRPG gamer's hand right now. Also interesting of note is that Don Wilkins, the founder of this studio, also worked on titles we all know and love: Wizardry Gold, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, The Hobbit, Army Men - Sarges Heroes and Tribes Aerial Assault.

So what are you guys waiting for? This could be the closest thing to an isometric Spelljammer cRPG we could get!
Post edited by Kamigoroshi on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Looks like the first kickstarter day fetched Stellar Tactics a sum of $2.310, thanks to 119 backers. :)

Oh, and here are the current stretch goals for those interested:

Now... they better reach the $95k goal. Gotta have my own space station after all! :sunglasses:
    So... the campaign finally reached over $5.000 in five days. Honestly this doesn't bode too well for Stellar Tactics. Seeing as it must manage to secure the remaining $62.000 funds within less than 25 days. Of course, if backers pledge $2.500 daily it would easily make the cut. But it still baffles me as to why this promising kickstarter campaign isn't more popular with the gaming folks. :/
    Hum, it appears that Maverick Games decided to cancel the kickstarter campaign. :(
    Don Wilkins mentioned that he plans to further work on Stellar Tactics in his spare time and not to abandon his dream project. Personally, I'm hoping for a relaunch in the near future. Would be a damn shame otherwise...

Oh, and he also posted three wallpapers for those interested:

Don Wilkins mentioned other ongoing game campaigns in Stellar Tactics' newest update. Two of which I already backed a couple of days ago. Nice move, Don! :sunglasses:

The first one is Arcadian Atlas, which I already covered in another [kickstarter] thread. Alas... since they only have 7 days left and still $39K to go... it's clear that they won't make the cut. Sad but true. :disappointed:

The second mentioned campaign is Me and My Dinosaur, a puzzle plattformer adventure game. 12 days remaining and $53K to go. Hopefully they get more lucky next time.

The third one is Krai Mira, an isometric post-apocalyptic RPG in old-school style. If you ever wondered what Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 would look like if they were to be released in 2017, they would probably look like Krai Mira. Their funding goal is very humble with just £2000. Currently they are at £981 with 24 days to go. I'd say its pretty much a given that they're gonna make it. :smiley:

Yeah, so many kickstarter games (both successful and failed projects) wind up on steam Early Access for such a long time that even backers forget all about those titles. For instance, I think I've waited over 4 years already to play the finalized You Are Not The Hero pixel RPG. And still no end in sight. *sigh*

That being the case, I ceased to follow Early Access games althogether. When they're out, I'll get around playing them. But before that? I have other stuff to do. :P