Skip to content

Shouldn't delay between stronghold related quests be shorter?

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
It takes you one whole week (game time) for another stronghold quest to come up - therefore it'd take you 2 months to train your mage pupils, present your theater play , fight the roenalls etc...

The problem is that an experienced player can do all main chapter 2 quests in two weeks, so we'll never be able to complete our stronghold related quests . I've even tried checking how I could fasten it through infinity editor, but to no avail...

Comments

• salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Rest?
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I agree that all the time-related stuff in BG2 is stupid. The worst is when it factors in actual time the game has been open and physically has run. I haven't completed any of the romance dialogues since my second playthrough because I always go through it too quickly.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2012
    salieri said:

Rest?

It's a possibility, but resting for 2 months in a row sounds kinda out of character, I guess.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I actually like it that way. That the world's timeline doesn't always revolve around your doings adds a bit to the immersion, as opposedto everything being set up for you to speed through it as smoothly as possible.

And as stated, if you want to advance time you can just rest or Ctrl+T to your heart's desire.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    You have to bear in mind that not everybody leaves for Spellhold in two weeks game-time, so rushing it might spoil the fun for some players.
    Also, think about it from a RP-ing perspective: how likely would it be to have a new quest / issue to solve every second day, to to finish training your mage pupils in a week (while you were adventuring as well) and so on?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Shin said:

I actually like it that way. That the world's timeline doesn't always revolve around your doings adds a bit to the immersion, as opposedto everything being set up for you to speed through it as smoothly as possible.

And as stated, if you want to advance time you can just rest or Ctrl+T to your heart's desire.

Koson said:

You have to bear in mind that not everybody leaves for Spellhold in two weeks game-time, so rushing it might spoil the fun for some players.
    Also, think about it from a RP-ing perspective: how likely would it be to have a new quest / issue to solve every second day, to to finish training your mage pupils in a week (while you were adventuring as well) and so on?

Agree with both ! It might even make sense that the protagonist suddenly abandons his pupils to save Imoen ... it's a shame , though!

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    I always take my time on the playthrough, but looking at the amount of in game time that passed by the final fight, it makes me wonder what took Irenicus so long to enact his plan.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    DJKajuru said:

It might even make sense that the protagonist suddenly abandons his pupils to save Imoen ... it's a shame , though!

Well, normally mages study for years, I'm sure a couple extra weeks spent under your tutelage won't hurt your pupils while you take a detour in the Underdark :).