Skip to content

Guard function?

I really liked the good old Guard button from the vanilla game. I did a report back when in beta. I guess it is never going to happen ...

(most ppl never used this function ,but it works so great, so it is very sad to see nothing happening ...)

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    What did it do?

(I'm one of the people who never used the button...)
    DJKajuru
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    I think that Guard proved a bit too limiting in some aspects. To clarify for ineth, 'Guard" when selected, would have one party member devout their activities to protecting another party member (e.g. a fighter baby-sitting a Mage when close quarter combat proved inevitable).
    I use it when I had a summons up (i.e. a skelly watching my mages back) but rarely if ever would waste time having a fighter perform guard actions.
    Now creativity in these games is key and I'm sure the OP and others found a variety of circumstances where it proved useful. I did not though and I think actually few did.
    Kuddos to those that did however, as I love to hear how some found neat aspects of the game many overlooked.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    It worked like the guard button in BGEE/BG2EE, except it would work for all classes ... Hope that clarifies it?