Skip to content

A suggestion for the devs to help new players avoid spoilers

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
edited October 2012 in Site Resources
I think there should be a spoiler tag on the General forum itself. New visitors to this site currently enter through forum.baldursgate.com, which lists all the forums and their descriptions. The existing description for General could be changed from the unhelpful "General discussions" to something that better indicates the forum's content, such as "General discussion of the Baldur's Gate series - SPOILERS."

I also think that the "new players' forum" should be moved up to just under General and renamed "Spoiler-Free Help and Discussion," with a description indicating that all spoilers MUST be tagged. This would accomplish the following:

1) increase the visibility of the spoiler-free forum instead of burying it beneath Off Topic,
2) make it even more apparent that General contains unmarked spoilers for those who missed the description,
3) allow newbies to discuss the upcoming games in a safe place (most won't go there now because they don't need help),
4) invite veterans to participate because the board's title no longer excludes them, and
5) encourage spoiler awareness and tag usage due to the increased activity in that forum.

Several newbies have already complained about the situation in General, and I believe that these two minor changes would go a long way in helping people avoid unwanted spoilers.

Comments