Skip to content

random +4 to hit/ to damage

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
edited July 2013 in Not An Issue
so sometimes in SoA and ToB i would randomly get a +4 to hit/ to damage, like rabbits for example i would get +4 to hit/ to damage on them, i think that would be a good thing to fix as well, thats just another bug that makes the game easier in my opinion and i dont think its needed at all
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Rabbits are classified as "unarmed", which grants the attacker +4 to hit (and maybe damage as well; it's been a while). Was it just animals or otherwise "defenseless" targets, or were you getting that bonus elsewhere?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that thief in the copper coronet ( with the stuffed bear) the first attack on him gives me +4 to hit / damage on him, and plus why would you also get +4 to damage as well? +4 to hit might be fine if they are unarmed but +4 to damage as well? plus that "classified as unarmed" thing does make sense because i think most enemies that could qualify as that are the ones that the +4 to hit/ damage thing applies
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited June 2012
    I don't recall if damage was a part of it as well, but it has something to do with them being "at your mercy".

In the Copper Coronet, isn't that thief unarmed, though? I seem to recall him being unarmed, but it's been a while. It could be he's mistakenly flagged as unarmed despite wielding a weapon.
    i believe he uses a dagger, plus the duegur in irenicus' dungeon on the 2nd level on the trap pedestals, yoshimo can deal over 100 damage on a critical hit backstab and you need +4 to damage to do that, plus against the rabits i was dealing 27-30 damage against them on normal hits with a +3 two handed sword and 19 strength, and the most i should be able to do is 26 damage
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    A hidden thief gets +4Thaco and damage.
    i know a hidden thief gets +4 to hit, but also to damage as well? thats kinda big, in bg1 you only just go the +4 to hit
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    Actually no I don't think they get 4 damage, but if the creature is unarmed our has a ranged weapon equipped then you will get another 4 thac0 and damage.
    hmmm, i dont like the +4 damage part, my pcs are already doing amazing damage, the +4 to hit part is fine though
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Attacking an opponent who is unarmed or is wielding a ranged weapon grants a +4 bonus to hit and damage. The opposite is true for opponents attacking unarmed/ranged party members.

This is intended behavior and is shown as a loading screen tip in-game.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Now I am a little bit curious sarevok57, why on earth are you attacking rabbits?
    Is there some Easter eggs I have missed?
    i love xp points, and they grant 6, (except each of my team members seem to get 2 or 3 xp each because of bg II's extra xp nonsense) and plus its fun :)@aVENGER the in game tip only says +4 to hit, not necessarily to damage, actually i think it says +4 to attack rolls, but usually that only means to hit, i dont mind the enemy having the advantage on me, but i dont need the full advantage on them :)
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Hmmmm, so we have this big strong armorclad giant, 19 strength,swinging his +3 Two Handed sword at rabbits and he is concerned about the unmotivated +4 damage.
    I guess there are more aspects to this game than I ever dreamed of =))))))

But I agree, we do NOT want the game to get to easy ;P
    i concur @Lindeblom :)