Skip to content

Advice on a new playthrough of BG2

I haven't played BG2 since the initial release of EE. Ive just gone though Dragonspear and loved it but not sure i have the time to play another BG2 play through or just go straight to Throne of Bhaal.

Im hoping someone can answer a couple of questions i have.

Has anything been added to BG2 content wise since the new patch and Dragonspear. By this i mean any new NPC's plot lines or quests to reflect the expansion.I know the added Baelor in a post release patch so is he back?Can you take the original women instead of Hexxat?

Again similarly has anything been changed in TOB can you summon anyone else.

Also wondering if the ending has been changed in TOB i personally always loved the David Gaider ending as i found it odd to fight Balthassar.

Finally the last time i played it the mods were few and far between that were compatible ,how is this now and are there any that people recommend.

Comments

• baldrat60baldrat60 Member Posts: 43
    Can no one at all help answer this?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    baldrat60 said:

Has anything been added to BG2 content wise since the new patch and Dragonspear.

Yes. Legacy of Bhaal mode is now available, offering an option for a significant difficulty increase. Also, Shaman is available in BG2 now.
    baldrat60 said:

By this i mean any new NPC's plot lines or quests to reflect the expansion.I know the added Baelor in a post release patch so is he back?Can you take the original women instead of Hexxat?

No. There are no new NPCs or quests or plot or anything that wasn't in the original BG2:EE. The one exception is that about 10 items were added; some are Shaman-only and will always drop, the others are only available as drops if you imported a SoD save with them.
    baldrat60 said:

Again similarly has anything been changed in TOB can you summon anyone else.

Same thing, no changes to NPCs at all. Just like you cannot summon BG1 NPCs, you also cannot summon SoD NPCs.
    baldrat60 said:

Also wondering if the ending has been changed in TOB i personally always loved the David Gaider ending as i found it odd to fight Balthassar.

No changes from the patch, but you can use the Ascension mod to get a somewhat different end of ToB.
    baldrat60 said:

Finally the last time i played it the mods were few and far between that were compatible ,how is this now and are there any that people recommend.

There is a plethora of mods available, most of which are perfectly compatible.

The ones I can recommend most are SCS, Item Revisions, and Spell Revisions - these mods are very combat-oriented, though, so if combat is not what interest you most, you may want to look into other mods. Check the mod forums, there are many lists and compilation threads there.
  • baldrat60baldrat60 Member Posts: 43
    Thank very much ,think ill hold off and hope for a future update,