Skip to content

Ugly shops split interface

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
The shopping window looks horrible in my game. It's split in two parts with a lot of space in the middle. Is that just my game or is it the same for everybody?

CrevsDaak

Comments

• SacredNymSacredNym Member Posts: 13
    The reason it's got all that empty space at the bottom is probably because it's designed for a 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio and can't scale properly to the 5:4 ratio that you're running the game at.

You could try turning off the UI scaling. I don't actually know if it will help at that resolution but it's an idea. Failing that you either run the game in a window or, unfortunately, get a new monitor.
    jackjacklansounetCrevsDaak
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Turning off the UI scaling didn't help. I reported it as a bug:
    http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23229
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Was your monitor purchased before or after the original release of BG2?
    Alonsojackjackmf2112CrevsDaak
    Ha, ha, very funny. It's not THAT old. Actually, it's a quite nice monitor. A lot of years working without a single problem.

I'm told in Redmine that this would be intentional. However, from the replies here I understand other people see something different in their games. Can you attach a screenshot of the shop interface in your game?
    joluvjackjackCrevsDaak
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    There's always a gap. It's just that the size of the gap depends on the aspect ratio. This is as small as it gets (by playing in a short, wide window):

AlonsoCrevsDaak
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    There is a UI mod, looks like it could work for BG2 maybe.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54860/guide-joined-store-panels
    Mr2150jackjackAlonsoCrevsDaak
    Turns out this is a bug. I'm glad to know it's meant to be fixed, because it looks terrible. It was reported at least two months ago.

I'll pass on the mod for now. With so many bugs around the place, I prefer to avoid modding anything until the official release is more or less stable.
    jackjackmf2112CrevsDaak