Skip to content

Keyboard Config

LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Hi,
Would it be possible to make more of the hot keys customizable? Or at least the 'Select all' key. I haven't found '=' that intuitive. Altering the keymap.ini file doesn't fix this.
Thanks.
TJ_HookerBrudeHuskarl2006Zarathustra

Comments

• Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Would it be worth externalizing keyboard shortcuts so we may mod this behavior ourselves if making them customizable is too large a request?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'd prefer RTS style selecting portraits and setting to hotkeys. I never could remember what F7 and on did - some did half the group, others did all, etc...
  • ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
    It would be cool if the bg2 configure engine included the depth of customization of keys that bg1 did, that way it's just a question of preference. Personally, I like to line the bottom row of the keyboard with various staple spells.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    More hotkey options would be nice, although I think the original actually had very good hotkey support. The biggest problem IMHO is the fact that the spell selection isn't consistent (particular spells change hotkeys as you use other spells) and isn't labeled. I think the best way to do spell hotkeys would be after you hit f7, you hit the # of the spell level, and then each spell has an assigned key that's consistent. It's one extra keypress but making it consistent makes it way more useable overall.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    rel="Ligg">Hi,
    Would it be possible to make more of the hot keys customizable? Or at least the 'Select all' key. I haven't found '=' that intuitive. Altering the keymap.ini file doesn't fix this.
    Thanks.

I agree, being able to assign "select all" to the mouse would be mighty convenient.<blockquote class="Quote"
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    I would like to see this as well. One of the things I've been wanting to do is remapping the keyboard scrolling feature from those arrows to the WASD keys.

It is a really minor thing though, I have an AutoHotKey script that I run just for BGEE that gets the job done.
  • TheBubblerumTheBubblerum Member Posts: 6
    i would just like the options we have to work
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2012
    Agree, was about to ask for something extremely similar. Select All on E just works a lot better!