Skip to content

Behold! My new character for 3.5/Pathfinder, Leannan Sidhe.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
edited April 2016 in Off-Topic
So in addition to my other two characters, Val'myr and Piro, I'm adding Leannan Sidhe to my list of "mains."

By main I mean character that I play often and re-use in different campaigns. I put a bunch of work into Leannan and wanted to share my work.

Basic backstory is using my own homebrew setting but could be adapted to Faerun, Golarion, or any other setting that has a fey realm.

Leannan Sidhe is a Kitsune, a race of fey-folk that resemble foxes and can shapeshift into a human form. She was raised in the northern country of Astria which had a large fey population due to a portal that links the fey realm to the material plane. Leannan lived in a small Kitsune village that passed as a human settlement. Do to the war with Baba Yaga and her evil fey the humans became mistrustful of the fey-folk and waged war with them.

Leannan's village remained unharmed until an Inquisitor of "The Lord*" arrived. The inquisitor saw through the Kitsune disguises and with his devout warriors assaulted the village. Leannan's mother, Bean Sidhe, was a powerful sorceress and transposed her young daughter far from the carnage. Leannan was told to find an Elven Druid named Tairn Woadstaff as the teleportation spell finished.

Leannan found the Druid easily as she was brought to the front of his lodge deep in the wilderness. The young Kitsune told Tairn what had occurred. He told Leannan to stay at the lodge as he transformed into a owl and flew towards the Kitsune village.

He returned hours later and informed Leannan that there was nothing left but cinders. Leannan, crushed by these events didn't know what to do or where to go. That's when Tairn offered to teach Leannan the way of the forest to become a warrior to avenge her family. With enchanting magicks, seduction, nature's wrath, and her sword-dancer melee skills she will hunt down the Inquisitor that took everything from her.

*The Lord is one of the nine human gods and is the deity of destruction and war.

Name: Leannan Sidhe
Race: Kitsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Deity: Seelie Court (Auril in Faerun, The Green Mother in Pathfinder)
Class: Fochlucan Lyrist

Build breakdown:

Kitsune Trickster Rogue 1 - Magical Tail
Kitsune Trickster Rogue 2 - Weapon Finesse Rogue Talent
Feyspeaker Druid 1 - Dervish Dance
Feyspeaker Druid 2
Animal Speaker Bard 1 - Magical Tail 2
Green Whisperer 1
Green Whisperer 2 - Magical Tail 3
Green Whisperer 3
Green Whisperer 4 - Magical Tail 4
Green Whisperer 5
Fochlucan Lyrist 1 - Magical Tail 5
Fochlucan Lyrist 2
Fochlucan Lyrist 3 - Magical Tail 6
Fochlucan Lyrist 4
Fochlucan Lyrist 5 - Magical Tail 7
Fochlucan Lyrist 6
Fochlucan Lyrist 7 - Magical Tail 8
Fochlucan Lyrist 8
Fochlucan Lyrist 9 - Snowflake Wardance
Fochlucan Lyrist 10
- All nine tail Kitsune magic
- 9th Level Druid spells
- 6th level Bard spells
- 16th level Bardsongs
- Casting completely Charisma based
- Lots of skill points
- 15 BAB, just 1 BAB short of gaining a 4th attack. Could go Bard 2, Green Whisperer 4 but then I'd lose out on 9th level spells.
- Strong Nature Bard theme without being a not-very-strong character. Achieves character theme by level 6.

Portraits:

Art by @Kema

Miniature of her I plan to purchase soon: https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=692247

This is probably my most technical build I've ever done with a character but I'm pleased with the results.

I often make my RP characters using D&D 3.5/Pathfinder as a test of my knowledge of the system and because then I can easily see what the character is skilled at.

Leannan Sidhe is based off a faerie woman of Celtic folklore that seduces men. Leannan's mother Bean Sidhe got her name from the Faerie spirit known usually as a Banshee. Sidhe is pronounced "shee" for clarification.

By canon her parents are alive as her father was a ranger and mother was a sorceress and were able to fight their way out of the village. Leannan doesn't know this and is consumed by revenge for the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor's name is Rahkan.