Skip to content

Multiples romances on iPad? (aka no mods)

MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
I have just finished my BG1 head cannon and while waiting for iPad SOD, was gonna try a female half-elf blade as I have never played a bard or any of the female romances. Now, I am thinking this is gonna be a NE Blade that hooks up with Dorn in BG1 but then meets Anomen in BG2, falls in love (WIS 7, after all) and stops being evil. Something like that.

Now, it would be fun if she could have a fling with Dorn when Anomen does not look but dunno if it is possible. I know Anomen and Dorn cannot be in the party and attack on sight (which makes even more sense with this story!) but:

1)Are romances terminated when you kick the NPC from your party (or is turned to stone)? Also if you have finished the romance succesfully? I mean, I finish the Anomen romance. Kick him out. Pick him up again. Will he romance me in ToB?

2) you cannot have two romances at the same time, but can I start another SoA romance after I succesfully complete one?

3) when is a SoA romance finished? After ressurrecting their vampire form?

And in general, is there any way to romance Anomen, then Dorn and then end up romancing Anomen in ToB?

Bonus question: Can you have a second romance if your first romance is in the party but dead (grey portrait)? Can Dorn and Anomen be together in the party if one is dead?

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Funnily enough, I asked something similar in 2014.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29596/multiple-romance-question

I guess the new thing in this thread is whether you can romance another NPC after finishing a romance? And also if they continue romancing in ToB if you finish SoA's romance and take them out of the party.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    MacHurto said:

I guess the new thing in this thread is whether you can romance another NPC after finishing a romance?

I don't think so. You can have concurrent romances that aren't yet "sealed", meaning you have chosen one or the other. That leads to some interesting dialogue, but the game DOES force you to make a choice eventually.
    MacHurto said:

And also if they continue romancing in ToB if you finish SoA's romance and take them out of the party.

I think removing a romantic interest from the party breaks romance, up until the point where you "commit". After that point, I think you're set.
    MacHurto
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    There was an interesting bug I would like to share on my Ipad game. (Or feature?) In one game, my wild mage char surged and became a woman for a short period of time, and then returned to being male once again. However this somehow triggered Hexxat's romance and she started lovetalks with my pc, assuming he is still a woman. Mind you, I was already romancing Neera as a male and it continued, too.

This game it happened again, and I was romancing Neera, but now Rasaad started lovetalking my pc too! Even after my pc returned to being a man. So I am having multiple romances and they don't have any conflicts! Because if you normally romance Neera you can not romance Rasaad or Hexxat or vice versa, thus devs never put a conflict there.

Wild magic...it expands your romantic horizons, among other things.
    MacHurtoQueegon
    @lunar haha, great story :-D

Ok, so if the romance variable is at 2, other romances are locked out. Question about Dorn/Rasaad/Hexxat. Do you get to know (in the biblical sense) any of them before the romance variable goes to 2?

Can someone confirm Anomen's romance breaks if he is kicked out? Can see it is the case for Aerie/Jaheira but I cannot find conclusive info about Anomen (yes, my google-fu is far from optimal)
    lunar
    Ok, found a great romance guide from Extremist. I put the link in case someone interested finds this thread or, most likely, if I ask myself the same questions again in 2018.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php

Cool things:
    1) Old Romances (except Jaheira) dont break if the person leaves less than 3 days. Not sure if that is in total or every time you boot them, so you just need to add them every third day. Anybody knows?
    2) it says when exactly romances get to level 2

I guess I will just have to try this out. Anybody knows if EE romances go by in game days or by real time seconds?

Also, where do people get all this info? If it is a file I can open with an editor, I might as well install my PC version and check myself. Thanks!