Skip to content

[WeiDU] Is it possible to create a group within a group?

Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
Groups are great; you make a bunch of components and link them all to a group and give the user an option to peruse all components of the group or none. But is it possible to create a group within a group?

What I mean is something like this:

Would you like to display the components from [X]? Y/N

If No - no components of group [X] shown, maybe followed by: Would you like to display the components from [Z]?, [Z] being a standalone group of components unaffected by your choice to view or not view group [X].

If Yes - all components of group [X] shown, followed by: Would you like to display the components from [Y]?, [Y] being a group of components that requires you to have chosen Yes to display group [X], and then of course, you're asked about group [Z], being independent of the others.

Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    edited April 2016
    @subtledoctor Those are great ideas. I don't think I have FnP beta yet, but I had planned on using it to test out my priest kits; I'll definitely check out the .tp2. I tried REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME initially but I think I like your first suggestion the best. Thanks!

Edit: I'm not seeing the FnP beta on the forums or GitHub, could you link it please?

Also, I don't know how to parse to save my life:
    I started off with
    BEGIN ~Would you like to display the components from [Kits: Clergy of the Seldarine]~ DESIGNATED 2000 and included a tpa with what I'd like to have 3 distinct, but not mutually exclusive components. But the parsing error occurs when I put a BEGIN and END around one of those components.

Install Component [Would you like to display the components from [Kits: Clergy of the Seldarine]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Would you like to display the components from [Kits: Clergy of the Seldarine] [v1.6]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    In state 920, I expected one of these tokens:
    [0] EOF
    Parse error (state 920) at BEGIN

[Eldritch_Magic/Components/2000_Seldarine.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 147 column 1-5
    Near Text: BEGIN
    GLR parse error

[Eldritch_Magic/Components/2000_Seldarine.tpa] ERROR at line 147 column 1-5
    Near Text: BEGIN
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [Eldritch_Magic/Components/2000_Seldarine.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Post edited by Abdel_Adrian on