Skip to content

Non-Joinable NPC equipment

Can somebody tell me is the equipment of NPC like Coran lost in SoD? There is a chest with Imoens stuff but I can't find my Corans and Quayles stuff in SoD. Is it lost forever?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    If he was in your party at the end of the prologue his gear should be in your chest. Otherwise, I guess you might try killing him or picking his pocket during his cameo?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    In the chest was gear that they had not wear. Only equipment. On a cameo Coran doesn't look like he have got my stuff on him so I think he weras some random gear.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    Yes, it's a feature, not a bug. Your companions are taking away their gear (and things from their backpacks go to that magic chest). Shame, but it makes sense. I won't make Shar-Teel give away her fire sword, because in the end it's hers.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    End of the first dungeon guys, time to strip!
    There is plenty of loot and money in SoD. Just don't let them run iff with any +3 weapons.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    In my party Coran had Drizzt stuff on him, +2AC Sciemitar and Armor. So I'm pretty pissed off.
    Life is adventure or nothing!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I noticed this little "feature" as well. Just make sure they have all their gear in their inventory instead of wearing them.
  • grassBladegrassBlade Member Posts: 31
    Neera's robe of neutral archmagi didn't carry over.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    @grassBlade She should be wearing it.
    edited May 2016
    Yes, if Neera was wearing an archmagi robe in the prologue she should still be wearing it when you next meet her. If she isn't it's a bug.
    Turns out she also had appx 90% of her known spells taken from her...aaah Doy!!!
    edited May 2016

Turns out she also had appx 90% of her known spells taken from her...aaah Doy!!!

This is definitely a bug. The game has created a new Neera, rather than using YOUR Neera.

Neera was in your party and alive at the end of the prologue? Did you start the game with a final save or import your character? Did you have the patch installed? Have you filed a bug report?
    @Fardragon:

Yes, to both. From final save.
    Gog version 2.1.63.2. There was a patch included; don't know if it's the one you mean.

Not yet; have to try and duplicate it first.
    I restarted from the save and removed the robe before going to the palace -- it was in the chest.
    Now I have to leave it on her and see if she's got it and her spells when I get to Bridgeford.
    I think one issue is people encounter this without realising it is a bug. Therefore it is under-reported, thererfore it is slow to be fixed.
    Finally got to bridgefort...she had her robe and spells this time, so I will have to assume the original mishap was my fault (perhaps because I had CLUAconsole active) and not necessarily a bug.
    No, I think there is a bug, but one that is very difficult to reproduce reliably, and hence very difficult to fix. The console may have an effect, but it shouldn't.