Skip to content

Throwing hammers in BG1

TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
If I recall, there are no throwing hammers in bg1, even bgee. Does anyone know of a mod to add throwing hammers to bgee? Even nonmagical ones? I would especially love ones that would work with the Tweaks Anthology's recoverable thrown weapons component.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    edited May 2016
    I have an updated version (basically just adds EE and EET support) that I keep meaning to put up on github, I just haven't gotten around to learning how yet. I'll see what I can do about putting it up somewhere soon.

Edit: In the meantime, you can find it here.
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    Great! Thanks for the link. Looks like a cool mod. I'm definitely using it this time around.
    edited May 2016
    Sam_ said:

I have an updated version (basically just adds EE and EET support) that I keep meaning to put up on github, I just haven't gotten around to learning how yet. I'll see what I can do about putting it up somewhere soon.

Edit: In the meantime, you can find it here.

Where does your mod stick gethlun's hammer? I'm nearing the end of bg 1, I've seen most of the stores, and I haven't run across it yet.

Also, does this mod install gethlun's hammer in bg 2 if it is installed there too? The readme just says bg1 and iwd.
    It gets put in a semi-random store. As you haven't said which version of which game you are currently playing, the list of possible locations is quite long. The guaranteed way to find it is to use NearInfinity, and navigate to t-hamm01.ITM. From there go to Edit tab and then from there go to Find->references to this file at the bottom. Select STO and then Search. Looking at the Name column in the resulting table should let you know where it is located.
    I'm playing bgee 2.1. I don't think I'll go to the trouble of getting near infinity just for this. Tell me this: are all those generic shops in Baldur's Gate possibilities? Because I haven't checked them all.
    @TheMetaphysician
    Actually, it turns out there are a couple of bugs which prevent the mod from installing properly on ToSC, BGEE, and probably BG2EE. The item is in your game, but it hasn't been added to any store and does not use the thrown hammer projectile. The only way for you to currently get it is via the CLUAConsole. I apologize for the inconvenience, and will publish a fixed version as soon as possible.
    No problem! Thanks for letting me know. Now I can Keeper it in without guilt. :smile:
    Version 6.0: on GitHub
    • Modified BAM trans and shadow colors to conform to standard
    • Corrected errors in game+engine identification routines
    • Corrected many description icon errors
    • Ensure all BAMs are installed when used
    • Throwing hammers now use proper ground icon
    • Throwing hammers using Dwarven Thrower icon now use proper description icon
    • SoD now uses dark themed description icons
    • Improved BAM compression
    • Other minor tweaks to code and content
    @TheMetaphysician I think you should be able to get the Thrown Hammer animations in your game without having to reinstall the mod by copying the files from hammers\pros\ to your override folder.
  • swordNboredswordNbored Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017
    @Sam_

Hey, I found this thread while looking for a good throwing hammer mod. Everything is working correctly, except for one thing - the descriptions of all the items are all out of whack.

For instance, the easiest one I can think of is the basic throwing hammer you can get in a shop -
    T-HAMM03 is named "What brings you here?" in game, and the description is "Your friend's bleeding to death before your eyes and THAT'S what you want to know?"

Just a note, I do have the BGEE Tweaks Compendium installed and I had a similar problem before with the way things interacted with each other. I tried uninstalling all the compendium tweaks and reinstalling the hammers mod to see if it fixed it, but the descriptions are still whacky.

Any ideas on what I could do to try and fix it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • swordNboredswordNbored Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017
    @subtledoctor

Ok, so I downloaded modmerge, and I moved it into my install directory, but does modmerge need to be directly beside the chitin.key or just in the same folder? Im on windows 7 and Im unaware of a way to manual move files around.

EDIT: OK, I got it. It just needed to be in the same folder. That Modmerge tip worked - the descriptions are showing up properly now! Thanks a bunch, Doc.

PS: On a side note, are throwing weapons stacks in BGEE supposed to be 40? I'm looking on the wiki (http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Throwing_Axe) and it mentions a max stack count of 10. Maybe the wiki just isn't updated? I'm only asking because I made sure to turn off the Tweak that increased the ammo stack capabilities so I was just confused as to why they were still 40 (I haven't played in a while, so maybe they are supposed to be 40. That's pretty heavy for my C/M to carry :o )
    Post edited by swordNbored on