Skip to content

book bags

Is there a way to get a bag of holding in BG1, I cant keep carrying all the books around, but I want to read them when Im out adventuring. We need a book bag or let them be used in scroll cases

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    You can read them from here:
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Books

So no problem of space ;)
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Yeah, it's odd that you can store books in the Scroll Case in BGII but not in BG. It would be nice to make it so you can put them in the scroll case.
  • sb81848889sb81848889 Member Posts: 51
    ehh, its not the same, I like hanging out in at an Inn by the fire or camping outside and digging through my backpack to pull out the history of shadowdale. Roleplaying you know
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

ehh, its not the same, I like hanging out in at an Inn by the fire or camping outside and digging through my backpack to pull out the history of shadowdale. Roleplaying you know

Ahhh, the way you play is amazing :)
    So yeah, @gugulug5000 is totally right
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @sb81848889 This seems like a perfectly valid request. You should submit a ticket on Redmine if you haven't already.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Finch has a book bag that can store up to 20 books. However, she is very attached to it and you can't borrow it.
    even if she accidentally maliciously trips on a floor trap in the mines.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

even if she accidentally maliciously trips on a floor trap in the mines.

Yep, even if she dies, you can't get the book bag for yourself. It must be magically linked to her.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Is there a way to get a bag of holding in BG1, I cant keep carrying all the books around, but I want to read them when Im out adventuring. We need a book bag or let them be used in scroll cases

Once you have 12,000 GP, go to High Hedge, stand in the shop and pull up the console.

Type:
    C:CreateItem("BAG19")
    C:AddGold("-12000")

Congratulations, you've just bought a bag of holding.
    Thats a good idea, but where do I get 12,000 GP. Why so much? The potion bag was only like 225 GP. But I will try that.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    A Bag of Holding costs 12,000 GP from Orrick in IWD, but only 800 GP from Arcana Archives in ToB. Hard to say what it should cost in BG1, since it's not supposed to be in the game at all.

Thats a good idea, but where do I get 12,000 GP. Why so much? The potion bag was only like 225 GP. But I will try that.

12,000 is the price for the bag at the Wizard's tower in Kuldahar. As far as I know, that's the only place in the three games where the bag is for sale. If you have a high charisma, you could lower the price, I think my paladin only paid 10,200 for it.

I do a similar thing in the smithy in Beregost with the Ammo Belt (BAG05) and 300 gold.
    Well, I view it like its on the black market, kind of like Thalantyr has this special list of items if you give him some magic or have extra money to spend. It would be much higher than 800 GP I guess, but hard for a level 1 or 2 character to afford 12,000 GP.

Maybe 2000 or so would be comparably priced, thanks for the responses.

Well, I view it like its on the black market, kind of like Thalantyr has this special list of items if you give him some magic or have extra money to spend. It would be much higher than 800 GP I guess, but hard for a level 1 or 2 character to afford 12,000 GP.

Maybe 2000 or so would be comparably priced, thanks for the responses.

I just made level 4 and I've still got a couple thousand to go. You could certainly justify lowering the price in BG1, IWD is a higher level campaign. I'd probably cut it down to 5 or 6 thousand if my OCD would let me.