Skip to content

Fix scribe rates or fix in game documentation on scribe rates

riukiriuki Member Posts: 2
The % chance listed in game to successfully scribe (at least in bgee) is wildly inaccurate. With 18 int and an 85% chance to succeed scribing a level 1 spell on my jester, I'll fail ~%50 or something (I don't know the real numbers, which is exactly what I'd love to know).

I bought bgee and bg2ee about a week ago off gog (glad I ignored the plethora of bad reviews on there) when I read that you guys actually touched balance issues (woo mace nerf) and patched bugs, and consider it money well spent so far. But googling on this particular issue just got me threads of people over many years just saying, "yea, it's well a well known bug, just turn your difficulty down when you scribe." This one seems like a no brainer to me.

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Never heard of that problem. Is this an observation or a controlled experiment? If the latter, what is your sample size? I rememver tge same conversation in Civ4 where it turned out to be confirmation bias.
  • riukiriuki Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Observation, but because you asked I just wrote down the fail/succeed rate of 48 scribe attempts for the 4 spells i had in my inventory from a dungeon. 26 succeeded, 22 failed. How high would you like me to go?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    this has been a know problem since the EEs came out, so what a lot of people do is just lower the game difficulty down to learn without fail, or you can just crank your INT to 24 with potions and do it without fail, I know it sounds silly, but I don't think this problem is going to ever get fixed