Skip to content

Baseball Playoffs

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
How about that Braves/Cardinals game? Crazy stuff. I am within walking distance from where the Cards play so... They're my team.

I'm glad both the bird squads advanced (Cards and O's). Texas sure imploded. Good grief. Talented team... if I was a Rangers fan I'd have white hair by now.

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Baseball is such a weird sport to me to follow, because of the ungodly long season. It feels like nothing really matters until the all-star break.

Its good to see a bunch of teams make it in the playoffs who haven't been to the postseason in forever. Oakland is a pretty cool story so I think I have to cheer for them by default.
    HaHaCharade
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    That was a weird game. Atlanta fans really embarrassed themselves, and Chipper, with the way they threw the trash onto the field.

I've got Yankees over Orioles, Reds over Giants, Tigers over Athletics, and Nationals over Cardinals.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Paladin said:

That was a weird game. Atlanta fans really embarrassed themselves, and Chipper, with the way they threw the trash onto the field.

I've got Yankees over Orioles, Reds over Giants, Tigers over Athletics, and Nationals over Cardinals.

I just got tickets to Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cards and Nats on Monday, woot. I think the Cards will pull this series out. Fortunately for us, Strasburg won't be pitching.

Strasburg being shutdown was one of the worst baseball decisions I've seen in a long time. I can understand the concerns, but there is really not enough evidence out there to say whether or not he would get hurt with the extra innings. People point to Wood and Prior, guys like that, but there are other cases where guys hold up just fine. Take a look at Felix. Bottom line is, Strasburg was a more polished guy. He's no teenager. He pitched a decent amount of innings with San Diego State. And, this is a shot at the World Series. I know they don't want to "mortgage the future," but would they really be doing that? With Strasburg, that rotation is the best in baseball, easily. Without, it stacks up with San Francisco. They lose it's edge.

At any rate, enjoy the game. I think the Nationals will still make it into the next round, but I've got the Reds in the World Series.
    Oh, and for the record, I've got Yankees over Reds (rematch of the 1976 showdown between the Bronx and the Big Red Machine). Yanks get payback and win their 28th World Series Championship.

Thoughts?
    Cricking Cardinals... UGH. Pull one out today!
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    I know it's easy to say this after the fact but as a long time orioles fan(i grew up with jim palmer, boog powell, mark belanger, bobby grich, brooks robinson et al and that whole pitching staff in 1970 was near unbeatable). So this yr i picked my o's over the yanks because of pitching depth, Det over Oak(pitching edge again), SF over Cin(i'll take a veteran team that's been there over a rookie team any day) & i had St-louis over the nats exactly because they shut strasburg down and st-lou's potent offence. Nats may still win but without strasburg it's a lot tougher and st-louis are defending champs so never count them out.
    CARDINALS - never say die man... they comeback like crazy