Skip to content

Recording some voice work to add into my game...

Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
edited May 2016 in General Modding
I've shown it to a few friends, who liked it and offered constructive criticism, now all I need to do is figure out how to chop it up and add it into the game files. Any advice?

I know that it should probably be in .wav format, but beyond that, I'm unsure.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    weidu is the standard for adding content to the game.

What is the voicing for? Existing content or new content?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    The above guy has an awsome soundset shell mod, he just too shy to promote it. Here you go: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37760/how-to-awesome-soundsets-vol-0-soundset-mod-shell#latest
    lolien said:

The above guy has an awsome soundset shell mod, he just too shy to promote it. Here you go: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37760/how-to-awesome-soundsets-vol-0-soundset-mod-shell#latest

Thanks lol. I guess I misunderstood what he was asking for help with. I was thinking he had voiced some lines for a new adventure or something and wanted to put in a new NPC and tie the text to the sound files.

Yes, you are right, my modshell awesome soundsets volume 0 would work if this guy is looking to make his own player voiceset ..
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Oh, it was just for character generation. I was working on a rogue, and thinking of doing a mage now. Mind if I show you some of it?
    Be our guest...
    Putting them into a dropbox...
    That link didn't work for me... I think that would only work if I had it in my dropbox...

I'd suggest zippyshare unless your files are too big or with dropbox there should be something like a 'share link'

Damn. Okay, let me find some other way of sending it.
    sounds really good to me, just split it up into WAV format. I believe original sounds are mono, 22khz/16 bit pcm wav files.

If you want to do subtitles with the sounds, it's totally possible (except on BG1EE which is borked currently, I mean it works on IWDEE and BG2EE currently).

Sound sets for BG2 cover most of these:
    ----------------------------------
    Battle Cry 1
    Becoming Leader
    Tired
    Bored
    Badly Wounded
    Selected 1
    Selected 2
    Selected 3
    Action Acknowledgement 1
    Action Acknowledgement 2
    Action Acknowledgement 3
    Action Acknowledgement 4
    Action Acknowledgement 5
    Action Acknowledgement 6
    Action Acknowledgement 7
    Being Hit
    Dying
    Battle Cry 2
    Battle Cry 3
    Rare Select 1
    Rare Select 2
    Critical Hit Given
    Critical Miss
    *Reaction to Party Member Death

*Subtitles in IWDEE, but not BG1EE and BG2EE. Sound should play in BG1EE or BG2EE but no subs

----
    Extras for IWD, probably not needed:
    Selected 4
    Rare Select 3
    Rare Select 4

Probably not needed at all but if you wanted to:
    Target Immune
    Inventory Full
    Successfully Picked A Pocket
    Successfully Hid In Shadows
    Spell Disrupted
    Set A Trap
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877

lolien said:

Thanks lol. I guess I misunderstood what he was asking for help with. I was thinking he had voiced some lines for a new adventure or something and wanted to put in a new NPC and tie the text to the sound files.

Yes, you are right, my modshell awesome soundsets volume 0 would work if this guy is looking to make his own player voiceset ..
    That's wonderful! How could have I missed your mod? The technical stuff involved always scares me away. I will most definitely try your mod one day.